November conditions for the Keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dyarab

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My wife and I are contemplating heading again to the Keys over Thanksgiving weekend to do some diving. Will be fourth trip to the Keys this year (heading down in October as well,
icosm14.gif
)!!! I am curious as to conditions at that time of the year... water temp, vis... ya know the usual.
03.gif

Other options are West Palm or Boca Raton, I'm thinking conditions would probably be more favorable in the Keys.

Gotta get back on the Grove man!!! And this time we'll be Nitrox certified.
36_1_11.gif

Any help would be appreciated.

Hard to say this year with the near record to record water temps around the state. Its usually in the low to mid 70's or so for water temps and the air temp could be anything knowing FL. Its usually pretty mild during the day though and gets a little cooler at night. Viz has been great every time I've been to Key Largo (summer or winter), most of the time I dive off Marathon and I would say its maybe a little better during the fall & winter months there. Hope this helps.

aquaholic901:
Hard to say this year with the near record to record water temps around the state. Its usually in the low to mid 70's or so for water temps and the air temp could be anything knowing FL. Its usually pretty mild during the day though and gets a little cooler at night. Viz has been great every time I've been to Key Largo (summer or winter), most of the time I dive off Marathon and I would say its maybe a little better during the fall & winter months there. Hope this helps.

Yep... every little bit helps. Thanks.
icosm14.gif

Weather last year was nice over November, but you never know. I'd say watch for the NE storms rolling in and keep checking the weather reports. Give a shop a call as they watch the weather centered in the Keys NOT Miami.

Water temp should be in the high 70's and could still be in the low 80's. If this summer is any indication of the diving conditions for this fall and winter, the visibility should be no less than 30' and as much as 80. It all depends on the storms coming in.

Let us know if you have any questions and

Good Diving,
Capt Gary

Thanks Capt. Gary... really appreciate it. Can't wait... for either October and November. Water temp doesnt matter that much to me but the wife can get chilly pretty fast.

Thanks again. :)

Hey I'm like your wife and don't like the cold water either, but it does produce clear water and the bigger fish come into shallower water. Here's a web link to NOAA that I use look at the weather down here. http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/data/Forecasts/FZUS52.KEYW.html
You might want to book-mark it for future reference.

Good Diving,
Capt Gary

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom