November 04 Dive Reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Scott I'm glad you enjoyed the dive and I was able to find your light.

There is so much to see out there just a few miles from shore and the reefs are so full of life and things to see.

It was great having you aboard and look forward to having you join me again soon.

Oh also the vis in the Redondo/Palos Verdes areas has improved alot since last week so if you are planning a dive the vis is getting better.

Date:11/9/2004
Dive Location: 1 mile off shore, San Clemente
Time: 9pm
Bottom Time: 48:00
Max Depth: 68'
Vis: AWSOME
Wave height: 1-2 ft
Temp at depth: 61
Surface Temp:65

Best vis so far this bug season. We were able to see the reef from the surface, 40' up. Tons of baby fishes, 2 free swimming eels, and 3 bug limits for 3 divers. I also scored a big 20 pound Halibut.
Wonderful conditions, no boat problems, night out with the bros, and limits for all.....Priceless

Kyle

Here are my pictures from last night's LA Jolla Shores "near the dump" dive. Terry did the report, so here are my pics:

http://www.scubapost.net/gallery/shores11092004

Sean

divinman:
Date: 11/09/04
Dive Location: La Jolla Shores
Time: 649p
Bottom Time: 52 minutes
Max Depth:88 ft
Avg Depth: 45 ft
Vis:15-25
Swell height: 1ft
Surface Temp: 63
Temp at depth: 60

Comments:

John, Sean, Jessica and I met up with fellow Bottom Bunch divers for a night dive at Vallecetos Point. It was a great dive and everyone had a wonderful time. As I am tired.....here ends the text portion of the dive. Perhaps my more motivated colleges will run with that ball.

Images are here. http://photobucket.com/albums/v109/divinman/LJS110904/

In the interest of full disclosure I have decided to not modify these images save resizing. This will give all of you better feel for how my pictures usually look instead of how I make them look. I still have a long road ahead but boy am I having a great time on it.

Thanks to everyone for another great dive.

Terry :crafty:

Best vis so far this bug season. We were able to see the reef from the surface, 40' up. Tons of baby fishes, 2 free swimming eels, and 3 bug limits for 3 divers. I also scored a big 20 pound Halibut.
Wonderful conditions, no boat problems, night out with the bros, and limits for all.....Priceless
Kyle

Hey Kyle congrats to you and your buddies on the limit of bugs and congrats to you on the nice halibut!

Date: 11/10
Dive Location: La Jolla Cove – Rock Pile
Time: 7:00pm
Bottom Time: 50
Max Depth: 46 ft
Vis: 15-20
Wave height: 0-1 feet
Temp at depth: 61
Surface Temp: 65
Comments: Met Jessica for a night dive at the Cove after a BTSA meeting. We geared up and I realized I had not packed my mask! She waited for me to drive home in my wetsuit to get the mask. I did the turn around trip in 21 minutes – not back with traffic. We slowly kicked out to the rock pile and when we hit some kelp and lobster traps we dropped down into about 30 feet of water. Jessica had bought a light canon yesterday – so it was awesome diving with her with that! We saw lots and lots of lobster! One trap had about 10 hanging on to it and maybe another 5 inside. We saw a lot more as we went along. It made we want to get that license and start picking them up! We found the rock pile and started to explore. Nothing really exciting to report – but it is always nice to dive at night!

whalerkyle:
Date:11/9/2004
Dive Location: 1 mile off shore, San Clemente
... and 3 bug limits for 3 divers. I also scored a big 20 pound Halibut.

Kyle
What, no DFG story? :11:

Congrats on the successful hunt.

Date: 11/11
Dive Location: Veterans Park, Redondo Beach
Time: 8:55 am
Bottom Time: 42
Max Depth: 103 ft
Vis: 25'
Wave height: 0-1 feet
Temp at depth: 60
Surface Temp:
Comments: Went out for a short trip into the canyon this morning so a friend could try her Transpack harness with her drysuit to be ready for the winter diving season. I took my empty camera housing for another test dive since flooding my camera a week ago as well.

Water temp a depth was not as cold as expected and has warmed up a few degrees from last week. Around 70' we started spotting squid egg clusters and a few large sleeping sheep crabs. The occassional fringhead made an appearance as well as the round stringrays, thornback rays and young bat rays. I love watching the bat rays. Vets. Park is full of them. Night dives are the best for watching them flying around.

I guess its time to buy a replacement camera.

Date: 11/10
Dive Location: Vets Park, Redondo Beach
Time: 8 p.m.
Bottom Time: 47 min
Max Depth: 89 ft
Vis: 20'+
Temp at depth: 61 F

Several bay pipefish and sarcastic fringeheads, numerous scorpionfish, cusk eels, nudis, assorted crabs, rays, flatties, baby octopus, baby horn sharks. Very nice dive.

Nice photos, Frank! Thanks for sharing them!

Nice crisp exposures. Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom