Notka Pulse underwater metal detector?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good point, I need to bench test with my Infinium to check for interference. Can you not change the frequency on the Excalibur?

I have the Nokta Simplex which is good for shallow water, 3 meters, and it is absolutely incredible. I like the fact that I can update the software on the unit with the included cable.
Hi, I also have a Simplex+ .. I plan to do hookha treasure diving soon, but those underwater detectors for more that 10' are outrageously expensive. The Simplex is a full feature machine, so my plan, is to modify it to be capable of diving to 30ft without leaking. How, you ask.. Understanding "fluid physics," knowing that 10' depth exerts appox 4psi water pressure to the case/housing. Pressure at 30' is approx 13psi. using a CO2 cartridge, gauge and pressure valve, small bladder, tapped into the detector case housing, one can balance the pressure inside, preventing leaking. I will keep you posted my progress..Cheers, from Van, Canada

That's interesting, not finding anything about that for the Pulsedive but still a good feature.

Well, I did some more web crawling and got some good reviews on the Pulsedive so decided to pull the trigger on one. Took it snorkeling today. The place I went literally had about a 12" viz (not sure why I bothered to wear a mask,.) Didn't find a whole lot but had a lot of fun.
Hi, I was seriously thinking of buying one, there's something inside me that says the "Pulse dive" is almost a toy. I will check in with you guys, to see how your making out.. :)

Hi, I was seriously thinking of buying one, there's something inside me that says the "Pulse dive" is almost a toy. I will check in with you guys, to see how your making out.. :)
The pulse dive works well, but only covers a small area.

A similar option is the Scuba Tector Pro, which folds. I got one recently, but haven't used it yet.

OK, I've taken my Pulsedive underwater twice now. Once snorkeling and once on SCUBA, IT's a nice simple detector for what it does. There are different settings but I mainly just used one. I set it for the medium depth and I did locate targets but the area was relatively clean. These two trips were just trash clean ups The snorkel area was a clear bottom although no visibility. The diving trip had excellent vis (for around here, about 10ft) but bottom was covered in seaweed like plants. (We jokingly dubbed it kelp forest and sargasso sea since it was an inland manmade lake.) To be effective, the bottom really needs to be clear of seaweed, It was so thick on the bottom in places, it was deeper than the range of the coil. I still managed to locate a few targets in some clear areas. I'm already thinking about saving my box tops to get the larger 8" coil. Still, it was a fun trip. My dive buddy does not detect so I did not stay the full time in MD mode. One thing I do plan is to fashion a way to secure it to my rig when not in use. I simply do not like carrying anything in my hands.

I'm glad I got it. It was a lot of fun and I can't wait to get it back to a couple of areas where I know the hunting is much better.

Hi,everyone.
I'm real close to having that Pulse Dive shipped to me.Haven't seen too much on serious Depth Tests....I'm definitely getting the 10' Coil,and I had the Idea of Posting a question.

I Posted on a metal Detecting Site that I belong to, about "Hyper Tuning."
That is,since you can add a Nickel "Close to Gold") or a piece of Metal to the Housing of these PIN POINTERS,and increase their detecting depth to a small degree by moving the small Piece of metal/Nickel or whatever, slowly towards the Tip until you get a reaction,and then backing it up a small amount, and fixing it permanently..Supposedly making it more sensitive.Since that Nokta Pulse Dive is a PI,like all Pin-pointers,couldn't you do the same on it?

Anyone that has One, could do this and Post your results????????????????

stoneshirt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom