Notability of GUE / DIR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, news reports from their record breaking dives last year don't count?

The record breaking dives are the WKPP; my guess is that nobody on Wikipedia would object to an article about the WKPP. GUE is rather more under the radar.

The record breaking dives are the WKPP; my guess is that nobody on Wikipedia would object to an article about the WKPP. GUE is rather more under the radar.

WKPP has an article on Wikipedia - Woodville Karst Plain Project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - which refers to GUE and DIR extensively (although I should mention that the article has been tagged as questioning both its notability and whether it is written from a neutrel point of view - for now, no one is looking to delete it). It is the GUE article that for some reason everyone thinks is unnecessary.

The only admin who has reviewed the deletion so far is not minded to reverse the decision (i.e. would leave the article deleted). But Gene Hobbs, who is active on both SB and Wikipedia, has gotten involved with his usual enthusiasm and diligent research, so hopefully he can help marshall the arguments more effectively than I can.

I'll keep you posted.

Last edited:
this is really idiotic, because the WikiProject SCUBA has it listed as an agency that users can tag their user pages with:

Wikipedia:WikiProject SCUBA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

they list IDF_Diver which is for the Israeli Diving Federation and has its own page.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom