Not understanding the long hose thing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

God, I wonder what they argued about back when everyone used double hoses and there were no long hoses? Maybe they argued about the length of the twin hoses or if you should turn it over or under to share air?
It must have been painfully boring back then when everyone used the same stuff.

Of course it wasn't boring ... there are always those who will argue.

Back then it was probably about the length of your knife ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I'm going to repost this because I think It's important for anyone who has a combo inflator/regulator setup to think about this ...

in my case, the stock 31"(?) hose on my primary reg was too short to accomplish the task of air sharing required with an Air2 setup .. so short that if you held the diver with anything less than your arm bent, you would pull the reg out of the other persons mouth, so short that any need to do a horizontal swim that both of you are going to be swimming on their sides, or one on their back .. totally unacceptable .. and why I now have a 42" hose on it, routed under my arm.

I bet it's the same no matter what brand combo inflator/regulator you have ... anyone with a similar set up needs to do something to fix that issue

I much prefer the longer length on my hose, and would not go back to the stock one even after getting rid of the Air2 setup[/QUOTE]

This is the part that I think is most important! :D
If I had it to do over again, I don"t think that I would have one :D
but others feel differently
I just think that it needs to be used with a longer primary hose, in all the threads about them, I don't remember if anyone has mentioned it
If someone wants to use a piece of equipment after understanding the pros and cons of using it, then who am I to say they are wrong?

[

No can do. there is no way to conect a 7 ft hose to an AIR II unless you atach a 7 ft BC inflator hose (the big one no the one that came from the reg) to your BC:eyebrow:

QUOTE=OldNSalty;4912743]You didn't miss much. In this thread there wasn’t one…

No one knows who fired the first shot…or why…It may have been a DIR zealot or it could have been from someone offended at the implication that they were ‘doing it wrong’. I have encountered a few of these zealots on both sides, they’re all asses. I have encountered far more good, skilled and friendly divers; DIR, vintage, warm water cold water and recreational. Good skilled, knowledgeable, friendly divers can be found everywhere and they all use different set ups.

Ya know, maybe it is the diver, and the desire to be good and not the gear configurations….just a thought.

Now, how do I attach my Air2 to the 7 foot hose?[/QUOTE]

Back
Top Bottom