Not So Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WyDive:
I just finished reading Jenny's report of her dive this morning at Hollywood area, so I thought I would let ya all read about mine. :)
This morning was nice and calm and 48 degrees :) I got up and got my gear together and headed to the local resevoir. LARGE resevoir. Water temp was a balmy 56 degrees so I opted to leave off the hood. Today would be a fish ID dive. Keep it simple ( only 3 species in the resevoir ) :)
Suited up, geared up, and set the dive flag. Dropped into 20' of clear (read that 10- 12 Vis) and proceeded to find a fish. Saw 3 Rainbow trout right off heading for shallow water. At 30' found 2 Walleye talking about the wimpy trout. I can see why, the water temp fell to 50 degrees under the thermal layer. I tooled on over the most recent wreck. Car fell off the parking lot into 28" water last year. Found a hubcap, seat, and what appeared to be a tire. Not sure about the tire thing tho it was rubber but looks like a old style seat.
Cruised up to 15' to visit a lone Carp meandering thru the weeds. He was totally unsocialable.
All in all a pleasant morning, time of 52 minutes with 1000 air left. Hey I told ya it was balmy this res is fed from mountain streams with very cold water. Altitude is 5300' above sea level.
AND how was your Morning?? :wink:

Thanks for sharing!

Hi Paula,

I just noticed that you're from my neck of the woods. Next time you come to South Florida, add a day or two to your itenerary and dive with our group.

In my experience, when I lived in NC, all I heard about was West Palm, the springs, the Keys, or the more exotic parts of the Carribean. I didn't discover the southeast coast until I moved down here in January (and still haven't made it to the west coast!) There is some great diving here, complete with some great Scubaboard dive buddies.

Best wishes in diving and safe ascents,
Grier

OUCH Wydive, on that cold weather you have up there. I just got back from Belize 2 days ago and I was getting a little cold after my 3rd dive of each day of diving in 86 degree water at 70 feet below surface and I was also wearing my skins..

Dive report and pictures comming soon on my website.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom