Not in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Closest I've gotten to that is one of the Cuban cigar shops added "Cuban woman?" to the typical shill for cigars as I walked by. Don't recall being asked if I wanted drugs, but don't think so.

In many years of going to Coz, Ive only been asked once about drugs, and never about hookers. And we do spend the afternoon and evenings walking around. Ive seen much more such activity here at home than in Coz. Just my 2 psi.....

Me and my wife got asked twice "I got what you need, weed and coke" last month both around 6-7pm on the main strip not far down from the airport road. We took it as a compliment as we aren't as young as we once were..lol

Reports up here say that the party organizers for the event (series of events) crossed purposes with the local cartel by not paying to play. It had already been announced to attendees that after x number of years of the event being held in Playa del Carmen, that next year it would be held elsewhere.

"This is to show that we are here, for not falling in line, Phillip-BPM. This is the beginning. We are going to cut the heads off of Golfos, Pelones and Chapulines," reads the message, referring to rival gangs and drug dealers. The message is signed "El Fayo Z, old school."​

This was spray painted in PDC the other day, looks like the cartels don't get the concept of cutting off ones nose..... no more concerts in PDC I would guess.

Mexico nightclub shooting was for 'not falling in line,' says threat naming festival organizer

I have never, ever been offered drugs in Cozumel, for sale or otherwise. I must not look the part. But then, I don't go out much at night and am NEVER in a nightclub.

So do we know if this was a grudge thing for being kicked out of the night club, or a cartel thing? Or an Anti-Trump thing for a future "wall" and taking revenge out on foreigners? B.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom