not even wet yet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

Since you're new to diving, this board will probably save you a bundle! You won't have to go through the buying and replacement of as much gear if you do a little research here before buying.

Don't forget to fill out your profile and dive info, so that we can add context to your future posts. Also, once we know where you are geographically from your profile, you may find that you'll have a whole bunch of new dive buddies to choose from locally.

Dive safe!

Christian

P.S. Due to the high volume of new posts in the Introductions and Greets forum, it's not always possible to keep up with all the new posts here. So, please help me out and send me a PM if you post anything you want me to read or respond to in this forum.
:palmtree: :sunny

as dandydon said, you're a genius to be signed up on this board so early! YOURE GOING TO LOVE SCUBA DIVING SO MUCH! after going in cayman, ive been addicted too! keep us updated with how scuba goes for you

Welcome to SB. Don't feel bad about being 52. I certified OW last June on birthday 53.

tomro:
I just got signed up to take classes in Winter Haven FL SSI dive shop I have gotten thru most of the book and i'm looking forward to getting in the water. At 52 years old this is one of the things on my to do list. When I do something I get fully involved. So I hope starting out on this forum will bring some good experiance. I hope to do some bug hunting, fish spearing, and general seeing the wow. once I get comfortable with the experiance. If there is anyone else out there from my area let me know, my wife is a solid land lover (but will snorkel with me in the keys or Crystal River). So I will be looking for someone to dive with. I do travel the whole SE US so this could be fun

Hi Tomro - I am new to the board too - and just certified almost 2 years ago (when I was just about your age!) Check with Dandydon here on the boards - he has a couple of singles dives coming up - for those of us who are single, or whose mates don't scuba! Welcome - it is addicting in here! :fairy: Kathy

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

tomro:
I just got signed up to take classes in Winter Haven FL SSI dive shop I have gotten thru most of the book and i'm looking forward to getting in the water. At 52 years old this is one of the things on my to do list. When I do something I get fully involved. So I hope starting out on this forum will bring some good experiance. I hope to do some bug hunting, fish spearing, and general seeing the wow. once I get comfortable with the experiance. If there is anyone else out there from my area let me know, my wife is a solid land lover (but will snorkel with me in the keys or Crystal River). So I will be looking for someone to dive with. I do travel the whole SE US so this could be fun

Welcome aboard. I'm one of the instructors at Off the Wall Divers in Lakeland. We are also an SSI shop. Check out our website at www.offthewalldivers.com. I'm sure you'll love the training in Winter Haven and they can probably set you up with whatever you need. However, if you ever need anything or are looking for other active divers, give us a call. I am more of an underwater photography buff but TJ, the owner, is an avid spearfisherman. I'm sure he could hook you up with some other hunters in the area. We are constantly running trips to the springs, West Palm, and the Florida Keys.

Welcome! I was once in sales and covered the central south regions of florida including winterhaven. I opted out of the profit margin - overhead cost - markupgame.

You are going to love diving! (From one salesman to another NEVER PAY RETAIL!) there are deals to be be made for gear.. the market is just starting to wake up and figure out that the old take it or leave it proposal is leaving them with gear in their stores and customers clicking computer keys.

I dive whenever I get the time off... which is more now than before! Woo Hoo! - When you get a hankering for a dive just post it here on the board.. there is a good chance someone will jump on the idea.- matter of fact we might fight over it...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom