Not diving related: job relocation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey maged_mmh.

No, by moderate I meant size-wise, not jeopardizing security in any way. Pretty much all residences in SA are security conscious

Well your current lifestyle is pretty typical here, so you won't be giving up anything.

Going to CT, there are quite a few beach (rocky shore) entries as far as I know, so you'll still be able to keep that up (if you are willing to endure cold water).

There are plenty of other activities in and around the city, so pretty much anything you feel like doing will be in easy reach, and at most, a few hours away by car.

thanks!
if i may, i'll be coming back once i have more inputs from my company about that matter.

Don't have much to add regarding cost of living and lifestyle etc. The others have it spot on.

But - while we don't have extensive hard coral reefs there is plenty of diving to be done in Cape Town. Either from shore or with one of the many charter operators. The marine life here is stunning, plenty of colour. The others don't know what they're missing or just don't like cold water !!! I am a member of a local diving club and apart from diving we also organise a few family oriented weekends away to other locations. If you decide to come over here please contact me and I will arrange for you to "meet the crowd".

Back
Top Bottom