Not an accident but cool

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have seen her other videos. I think she is a bit delusional. White sharks and “Nikki” are not her friends. They are wild animals.
Timothy Treadwell thought the bears were his friends too. Friends don't eat friends, well if they do they weren't very good friends.

The documentary is interesting in an "oh my, this man is actually insane" kind of way. A little disturbing.

"Grizzly Man" I believe it might be in Netflix now.

Siegfried and Roy? Oh no wait. That was tigers. Same concept though.

That's one big-ass shark, though. And it looks like it either ate a car or its pregnant.
One of the problems with her self-aggrandizing behavior is the result of copycats. After she posted one of these shots/videos of swimming with a sated (from eating a dead whale) pregnant female, there were idiots who went out and were taking pictures of themselves on it. According to an actual scientist, this resulted in no more pregnant females feasting on the whale carcass. Allegedly, the gestation period for great whites requires a lot of calories and missed feasting opportunities can result in fewer great whites being born. Now I'm not a scientist, but I do try to listen to those who are who explain issues in layman's terms.

Ramsay is all about self-promotion of her guiding business. Has she actually published any peer reviewed scientific studies? I don't believe so, so I challenge her title of "marine scientist."

Ramsay is all about self-promotion of her guiding business. Has she actually published any peer reviewed scientific studies? I don't believe so, so I challenge her title of "marine scientist."
Seems she's not a marine biologist nor studying for a PhD and has never published a peer-reviewed scientific paper.
I put her in the same class as Steve Irwin, shamelessly exploiting wildlife for $$ under the guise of being an 'environmentalist' :rolleyes:

Like this idiot Jean-Michel :

There another cowboy "Marine Biologist", his name escapes me, who was standing knee deep in water with a journalist sounded by bull sharks saying "they will not bite us, we are ok" (something like that) when he was promptly bitten by a bull shark removing most of his calf muscle. I laughed, is that wrong🤷‍♂️

Like those idiots who put their heads in crocodiles mouths etc... can't fix stupid. Some guy did it with his arm which was then all but twisted off, again I laughed. I'm not a nice person.

Like those idiots who put their heads in crocodiles mouths etc... can't fix stupid. Some guy did it with his arm when was then all but twisted off, again I laughed. I'm not a nice person.
Reminds me of an old joke, but I don't think I can post it here.

DW

Back
Top Bottom