Not Allowed to Use Thank You function...???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's not a biggie, it happens after I do a few thank yous.
There's a setting that caps the number of thanks you can give each day, it's now set to 25.

Please let me know whether the error still occurs.

There's a setting that caps the number of thanks you can give each day, it's now set to 25.

Please let me know whether the error still occurs.

I clicked to Thank you and got the same message as before!!!! LOL

"

ScubaBoard Message
JoyfulNoise, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

It must just be me!!! LOL!!! And it was my first attempt at clicking the Thank you button today!!​

Last edited:
I'm curious, why a cap on number of thanks?

It was a default setting. The "Thanks" enhancement is one for vBulletin... not one specifically for SB. Therefore some defaults were there, and this one slid under the radar until now :)

Damn Howard, it seems like yesterday you were making your 300th dive. Now I see you're over 500. You've been doing some diving! Good for you!

I think Dive 300 was a year and a half ago already. Jan 07 I believe. :D

Not many folks who don't dive for a living make over 200 dives in a year and a half. (wasn't it February?)

2/17/07 - I checked. :eyebrow:

We do live on the beach... :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom