Not all BCD hoses fit all inflators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pelagic_one

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all, I found out that half of my spare BCD hoses do not fit all the way onto my inflator controls so they won't function. They are all standard inflators, nothing like Air2, etc. Are some of the hose fittings or inflator fittings out of spec? Thanks!

The o-ring is probably old & hard. Try rotating the hose as you push it onto the stud. Or better yet, replace the o-ring.
No, there are significant compatibility issues with the hose ends and various inflator nipples.

There have been different inflator fittings over the years.

They may well be out of spec or a combination of tolerance build on both parts. Do they look the same? Picture?

No, there are significant compatibility issues with the hose ends and various inflator nipples.

Hee hee you said nipple.

There's at least 3 different inflator NOZZLES which require their own corrugated hose/oral inflate connection.The standard one, Seaquest/Aqualung, and Scuba Pro. Possibly others.

Adapters are available which makes it possible to use the same hose for the various fittings.

The flow is going the opposite direction to a NOZZLE giggler

The flow is going the opposite direction to a NOZZLE giggler

Nozzles can handle flows in either direction. They can be an output device or function as a vacuum.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-26 103856.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-26 103856.png
    58.7 KB · Views: 8
Not including combination octo-inflators, there are 3 lpi nipples:

AquaLung/SeaQuest
Scubapro/Tusa
Zeagle/Beuchat

Not positive, but I believe the Scubapro/Tusa is similar to a generic/universal that is on many dry suits and generic inflators...

My scuba pro LP hose fits both my Scubapro and Aqualung BCDs, but my Aqualung hose will not fit my Scubapro BCD. The nozzle on the Scubapro BCD is about 1mm longer.

Thanks inquis, I removed the o-rings and they still don't fit!

For everyone, I measured the diameters of the inflator part, I had two inflators that measured 0.312" (5/16") in diameter, these would not accept half of my spare hoses. Then I measured the rest of the inflator parts, they were about 0.004" undersize, these accepted all of the spare hoses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom