North Texas Lake Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dutchman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone dive the lakes around Dallas Fort Worth? I can not find any information from the Texas Parks & Wildlife.

Are you talking about just the lakes that might be part of a state park? Or any body of water to dive in around the DFW area?

I've been in Ray Roberts on search of a submerged bridge @ 30ft. Best described as swimming by braille.

Lewisville is deadly. So many drunkards on the surface will use your buoy as a slalom point it's not even funny. Vis is like Ray Roberts, virtually nil.

In both places we surfaced to find a fishing boat either on site or arriving because they thought the buoy was a fishing spot marker.

I'll only dive inland at CSSP.

I dove in Joe Pool. Very poor visibility but it was close and I was ready to explore soooooo I just did it. I would be interested in diving Grapevine if there was a pretty good entry point in a low or no boat traffic area.

I wouldn't touch Lewisville... but I know some who dive texoma. I'd be interested in Grapevine (maybe) but I'm mostly a CSSP person or down to Austin

There are a number of places in the Greater DFW area that I would like to dive, just to see what is there. Bachman Lake, off Northwest Highway in Dallas, is one of them. I'd also like to try Eagle Mountain Lake, north of Fort Worth. I don't know about Mountain Creek Lake, though....it might be just like Lake Arlington.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom