North Coast Campout and Party reminder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have made plans to be there. And I hope to get there on thursday. ZKY, what was it again that you needed people to help bring?

I know you mentioned firewood, what else would be helpful?

JustinW:
I have made plans to be there. And I hope to get there on thursday. ZKY, what was it again that you needed people to help bring?

I know you mentioned firewood, what else would be helpful?
Well besides bringing yourself, here's a few common things:
Make sure you have ALL your dive gear for any type diving you want to do (scuba and free) Bring a tent or other such shelter and all personal camping gear you think you might need. It is important that you be self sufficient in this regard.
Bring any beverages you want to consume during your duration and a cooler to put them in. As far as food, some people have a favorite breakfast cereal or other item that they like as a matter of routine. Bring whatever you like for lunches weather it be sandwich materials or whatever. Bananas are important and so is bottled water.
As far as main meal stuff, we have always been able to get food from the ocean pretty much on demand. This is what the party is all about really, living off the bounty of the ocean for a few days and celebrating that fact, along with the fantastic diving of course.
So bring some "skeleton" provisions for yourself just as a backup. That should do.
Firewood is always welcome and if you have some "special item" you want to bring that would be cool. One year a gal brought a special french sea salt that had spices in it and it was really quite good. A favorite wine is always popular. I had a guy that was a duck hunter and he brought some homemade duck sausage that was ...well...different..but good!
Many people just bring recipes. There's a regular there named John who every year will bring some new dish that he will have all the ingredients all pre chopped and prepped and stored in ziplock bags reaqdy to throw into the sizzling wok pan.
Keep in mind, bringing something is in no way manandory by any means, it's just if you have something special or unusual that you think would be neat to share, hell yah bring it.
Good jokes are always welcome also.
Just remember, to find me I drive a Red 2002 Toyota Tacoma P/U with a camper shell and rack.
I am looking to get the most south easterly corner of the campground. these spaces are the FIRST ones you see when you are driving north on Hwy 1 approaching Ocean Cove. To get to these you drive down into the campground past all three group sites to the left and after the third group site (you can tell them by the fence around them) you take the road to the left. This road will go behind the group sites and back up the hill away from the ocean and it will begin to veer to the right and go along the fence by the main road (highway 1). Follow the campground road back to the campsites that you first saw as you were coming up the highway and that's where I'll be, god willing. If I can't get that area then I will try and get somewhere before that on the same road maybe right behind the group sites.
Be sure to stop into the store and pay for however many nights you want to stay ($16.00 per night per vehicle. No limit on number of vehicles per site.)
You must have a vehicle to be able to secure a site, so this really helps me if you will be there thursday, or anyone else for that matter.

See everyone there!

ZKY

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom