North Coast Campout and Party reminder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajunkee:
ZKY,

Should we make reservations now? Or wait til later in the summer?

Ericson
Ocean Cove is first come first serve, no reservations, except for group sites which were all taken.
If you can get up there Thursday or Friday that would be best 'cause then we could claim more campsites together. You can only claim a site with a vehicle because they charge per vehicle.

ZKY

This is great!
We should have a tidy little group there by Thursday.
I have thought about it and think that the best sites to get would be the ones right by the road on the furthest southern edge of the property. You see these sites as you come around the turn right before the straight away before the Ocean Cove Barn.
I know what you're thinking, "Oh god right by the road", no listen, the traffic becomes almost non existent after dark. Remember, this is the North Coast. That grouping of sites is perfect!

1) It is out of the wind.
2) All the sites are tucked into a culdesac.
3) it is relatively flat for tent campers.
4) It is somewhat isolated from other campers so we have a little more freedom
to carry on at night.

The other options if I can't get the above area would be:

1) Down along the southern fence along the ocean (sloped)
2) Right down on the cliff edge (windy but kinda cool)
3) Directly behind the group sites (OK I guess)

Whatever we get it's going to be a blast!

For my ideas on what I'm going to cook, provided I can poke a hole in a few things to throw on the fillet table, then the grill.

Thursday night: Beer battered fish and chips
Friday night: Fish tacos (killer!)
Saturday night: Ginger sauce lingcod with stir fry vegetables.
Also there may be some abalone recipes thrown in too.
Sunday morning: The big pancake breakfast. (see photo)

This is a pot luck of sorts. That's what makes it so much fun, not to mention all the new recipes we all get to bring home.

Stay tuned for more updates as I post them.

ZKY

ZKY:
This is great!
We should have a tidy little group there by Thursday.
I have thought about it and think that the best sites to get would be the ones right by the road on the furthest southern edge of the property. You see these sites as you come around the turn right before the straight away before the Ocean Cove Barn.
I know what you're thinking, "Oh god right by the road", no listen, the traffic becomes almost non existent after dark. Remember, this is the North Coast. That grouping of sites is perfect!

1) It is out of the wind.
2) All the sites are tucked into a culdesac.
3) it is relatively flat for tent campers.
4) It is somewhat isolated from other campers so we have a little more freedom
to carry on at night.

The other options if I can't get the above area would be:

1) Down along the southern fence along the ocean (sloped)
2) Right down on the cliff edge (windy but kinda cool)
3) Directly behind the group sites (OK I guess)

Whatever we get it's going to be a blast!

For my ideas on what I'm going to cook, provided I can poke a hole in a few things to throw on the fillet table, then the grill.

Thursday night: Beer battered fish and chips
Friday night: Fish tacos (killer!)
Saturday night: Ginger sauce lingcod with stir fry vegetables.
Also there may be some abalone recipes thrown in too.
Sunday morning: The big pancake breakfast. (see photo)

This is a pot luck of sorts. That's what makes it so much fun, not to mention all the new recipes we all get to bring home.

Stay tuned for more updates as I post them.

ZKY
Does food gathering include slaughtering cows? I hate seafood!! :D
This sounds wicked fun... I probably can't make it anyway, but this sounds like quite the 'hoot'.

Straight Up:
Sorry, ZKY... I didn't mean to start anything. :wink:
Hey, It's all good.
I make some wicked beef fajitas with chipotle.
I also have a little smokey joe barbecue I could bring if you want to throw a big bleeding hunk of red meat on the 'cue. But then I might have to partake in the carnage also.

ZKY

I will try and clear my schedule for at least one night, sounds like a lot of fun, and probably should bring a few extra pounds of lead for the next days dives, looks like a lot of great food after reading ZKY's post up to Areana rock.

Back
Top Bottom