Norte, Norte...PLEASE go away!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gedunk:
I agree with James. To put the weather we have been having into perspective .... my %&*#@%! snowblower gas line froze shut last night. This Norte is a wicked cold one.

Now we have an Alberta Clipper dropping down on us from Canada which is predicted to dump 6-12 inches of snow tonite. And we're having fun now :wink:
Not sure where u are but we got a good 8ish last night and they closed a whack of school.

dreams of a warm cozumel

jbisjim:
Not sure where u are but we got a good 8ish last night and they closed a whack of school.

dreams of a warm cozumel

Only got about five at my house. Some parts of our county (Grand Traverse) got up to a foot. Our little brats got another snowday here too.

They don't make em like they used to. :wink:

We got above freezing today! Yippee!

Watching the weather forecast right now. Low of -7 tonight. Wind chills of -20 degrees by morning. High of 6 tomorrow. Low of -7 tomorrow night... I'll be on the slopes by 5 p.m. I find gearing up for cold weather skiing much like gearing up for a dive. Especially the goggles substituting for the mask, the layers of clothing much like the drysuit and undies and the face mask in place of the reg. Face the elements...wear the right gear.

But truth be told, I'd still rather be diving... :frosty:

Christi:
Yep, certainly no fun. And some people actually get MAD at the dive ops (none of my customers) for not getting to dive. TRUST me, it hurts us just as bad if not worse.

Good news is, wind is light today, port is open like normal, but it is still very chilly here.

Try Lake Superior in August...a balmy 41 degrees @ 75'!

Back
Top Bottom