Norris Tanks (Sport Chalet)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone have a link to details about the tanks?

Just to mix things up a bit, Worthington is in production on the HP (3442 psi) cylinders for Sea Pearls and XS Scuba. These cylinders will be hot dipped galvinized, TC and DOT approved and supplied with a Thermo Nitrox Pro valve and ribbed boot. We expect to be shipping mid to late September (finally!)

Is there a way to verify that a tank is hot dipped galvinized and not sprayed.

I found this website http://www.genesisscuba.com/tanks_din.html

According to Anne Marie Genesis distrubutes Norris tanks. So I assume information provided on this website applies to Norris tanks. According to the site, the tanks are sprayed galvinized and not dipped galvinized.

Does dipped galvinize have any advantages over sprayed? How do you tell the difference?

Those tanks on Genesis' website are Japanese Asahi tanks, not Norris. Read my last post for various annoyances with these tanks.

The spray galvanizing is sort of a zinc-based paint, and doesn't properly bond to the steel like hot-dip. It chips easily and you have to keep patching up your tank's finish.

rgbmatt:
Those tanks on Genesis' website are Japanese Asahi tanks, not Norris. Read my last post for various annoyances with these tanks.

The spray galvanizing is sort of a zinc-based paint, and doesn't properly bond to the steel like hot-dip. It chips easily and you have to keep patching up your tank's finish.

Matt,

Is it possible to tell the difference by looking at it? I mean sprayed verses hot dipped? :06:

scubacalifornia:
Congratulations on your promotion. I hope this means the local dive conditions sign stays up in the shop for good now. :)
Kevin

LOL! No, I've still been told that it is too "Mom and Popish" and am supposed to have it down. (It is currently up though because I like it up :D . It is not the managers that have a problem with it but corporate--go figure. Next time they tell me to take it down, I'll leave it down for a few months then put it back again.) It would really help it customers filled out comment cards requesting that the sign be there!!! :D

Leadking:
Just to mix things up a bit, Worthington is in production on the HP (3442 psi) cylinders for Sea Pearls and XS Scuba. These cylinders will be hot dipped galvinized, TC and DOT approved and supplied with a Thermo Nitrox Pro valve and ribbed boot. We expect to be shipping mid to late September (finally!)

It is about time that XS Scuba gets to ship them out. Last time I talked to XS Scuba (early June) they said that the tanks were all ready, just waiting for DOT to approve them and to get the stamps onto the tanks!!

tau:
According to Anne Marie Genesis distrubutes Norris tanks. So I assume information provided on this website applies to Norris tanks. According to the site, the tanks are sprayed galvinized and not dipped galvinized.

I said that Cramer Decker distributes Norris cylinders. Norris cylinders are hot dipped galvinized.

Ann Marie:
I said that Cramer Decker distributes Norris cylinders. Norris cylinders are hot dipped galvinized.

Anne,

Sorry I misunderstood. Thanks for clearing that up.

tau:
Is there a way to verify that a tank is hot dipped galvinized and not sprayed.

I found this website http://www.genesisscuba.com/tanks_din.html

Does dipped galvinize have any advantages over sprayed? How do you tell the difference?

Most zinc sprayed tanks have a different filan coat.

I am dealing directly with Worthington Cylinders and you have my guaranttee whem I say "hot dipped" I mean "hot dipped".

By the way we beat some of the earlier versions of Worthington Cylinders with a chain and the put the on a charter boat in CA and still no rust!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom