noob wetsuit/fin alert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

if you get those with hyperstretch material like Bare, you wont need wrist and and ankle zippers. best to get those with knee pads.

hi jellylegs, had the same concerns before I bought my first suit...

my first choice would have been mares, 543 or 321, but there weren't any available here... a good fitting suit would be a prio for me tho, regardless of the brand, aside from the cost :) have you given any thoughts on the thickness of the suit yet? I love my Bare 3/2

Try them all.... Based on this criteria:

1. Thermal requrements (5 mm, 3mm, .5 mm)
2. Sting protection (full suit, shorty, hooded vest, hood)
3. Fit and Comfort (snug, but not tight feel; gender appropriate, easy donning and removal)

... In that order. The purchase price is justfied by fulfilling the above requirements. Notice I did not mention brand.

jellylegs:
hi guys, am planning to get a new wetsuit within the week. i just want to know your two cents in terms of brands with good quality and a good price.

given the choice would you recommend aquamundo over barracuda? cressi over mares? and so on ...

i want to invest in a good suit but being a noob i'm sure there'll be lotsa scrapes., bumps and whatnots. i'll wait till i get my feet wet a coupld of times before getting the nicer ones. and are the arm and leg zippers really worth the extra cash?

ty,
jelly legs

Twomixdiver:
Try them all.... Based on this criteria:

1. Thermal requrements (5 mm, 3mm, .5 mm)
2. Sting protection (full suit, shorty, hooded vest, hood)
3. Fit and Comfort (snug, but not tight feel; gender appropriate, easy donning and removal)

... In that order. The purchase price is justfied by fulfilling the above requirements. Notice I did not mention brand.
gords,

she already got a cressi from you :wink:

Jag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom