noob wetsuit/fin alert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fingerling:
that's interesting jag, what do you think given my vs? (ya know, 5'3.5" 140lbs 3/2mm full)was hoping to hear more from SS users, thanks ;^D

just trying to keep an open mind guys :wink:
personally i got an SS specifically because i didn't want to buy 1 SS for anilao and 1 Alum for travel...

the way i see it, for us chubby guys, the SS is better as it's already a big weight OFF the belt... if you need more you don't have to carry an extra few kilos of scrap metal... a couple more pounds usually does the trick

jon, and most of the others, for instance, have enough weight with a 6# SS + a 1# STA (and rigging w/c usually is another 1 lb)

also, i would think it's easier to sell off a 2nd hand SS than an alum... if you ever do sell it

that's my 2 pesoseseseses

Jag

jonix:
i don't think you'll need any weights. just be sure to fully exhale when descending. the ss will keep you down. it took 12 dives before i got very comfortable with the setup :wink:

@jag: +4? even with my 3mm i don't use any additional weights. bing i'm 5'4' 135lbs.
to be honest i haven't had a chance to dial-in my weights when i'm in a 3mm... ever since i got the bp/w i've only done 3 dives with my 3mm on, the rest have been rash-and-shorts dives

so i'm being conservative with my +4 until i get more water time in w/ the 3mm

Jag

jonix:
i think you're messed up already i suggested alum as well :crafty:

btw, here's someone from here using a bp/wing :D

http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/49061/cat/1643

Here's someone who managed to get his double-hose the right way up...

_MG_3113a.jpg

THE Hammerhead:
Here's someone who managed to get his double-hose the right way up...

_MG_3113a.jpg
too bad about the silly pose...

if you are going to use that rig you need to have your knife out ready to extricate yourself from killer giant clams..

The knife is to chop the air hoses of baddies who attack you. You can do it in a single smooth motion without sawwing away, apparently. I saw it on TV.

Giant clams. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

hi guys, am planning to get a new wetsuit within the week. i just want to know your two cents in terms of brands with good quality and a good price.

given the choice would you recommend aquamundo over barracuda? cressi over mares? and so on ...

i want to invest in a good suit but being a noob i'm sure there'll be lotsa scrapes., bumps and whatnots. i'll wait till i get my feet wet a coupld of times before getting the nicer ones. and are the arm and leg zippers really worth the extra cash?

ty,
jelly legs

the mares wetsuits are the toughest from my experience with them..

jellylegs:
hi guys, am planning to get a new wetsuit within the week. i just want to know your two cents in terms of brands with good quality and a good price.

given the choice would you recommend aquamundo over barracuda? cressi over mares? and so on ...

i want to invest in a good suit but being a noob i'm sure there'll be lotsa scrapes., bumps and whatnots. i'll wait till i get my feet wet a coupld of times before getting the nicer ones. and are the arm and leg zippers really worth the extra cash?

ty,
jelly legs
hi kim,

like we told bing, it's a non-critical piece of gear so aside from budget you basically decide based on looks and fit...

i've always liked the orange accent of mares wetsuits... but if i wanted to spend big bucks i'd get the ones by waterproof (13k!)... they look cool

Jag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom