For Sale "Non splined G260 jam nut"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes you can pretty much count on that in some EU countries, and I can understand that a reputable US tech service would not want to release a modified reg into customers hands. I do wish they would see this was expertly done and poses no risk though.

Funny story: I gave a nut to a friend for his 260. He sent that 2nd connected to a MK25 to Airtech in NC . They would not service it with the new nut. Kicked up a stink. He had to mail the original to them before they would proceed. I had no idea that this would present such an insurance risk to them.
"We use all original manufacturer parts" is an easy clean statement on liability. Just like dive boats and AOW cards.

I'll have to service mine personally, which I likely would anyway for the 2nd stage. Still loving that my repair kit's normal wrench works great on these nuts.

Yes you can pretty much count on that in some EU countries, and I can understand that a reputable US tech service would not want to release a modified reg into customers hands. I do wish they would see this was expertly done and poses no risk though.
It’s a nut. I’d understand their concern if it had any real functionality. But, their shop-their rules!

Back
Top Bottom