Non-scientific Comparison of Dive Computer Conservatism

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

.....It would be nice if all dive computer manufacturers were required to publish their deco algorithms in open-source format.....
Here you go (without the source code).
This is the algorithm we use in eDiving, divePAL and Smartphone Dive Computer.

---------- Post added August 25th, 2015 at 02:41 PM ----------

You know with all the standards we have available to us. weight, volumn, distance ect. we do not have a standard for dive computers and the point when NDL is. I would think that every computer should be able to be measured against a standard computer. .....
Since there is no "standard" dive computer, people compare algorithms to "standard" dive profiles.
That is at least what Karl does at the USC chamber :D

A deep subject...

I think that in most computer discussions algorithms get too much attention and issues like implementation or user interface design too little. The algorithm itself is actually a relatively small and simple part of the development of a dive computer.

-Ron

It is user interface and implementation that IMHO makes the Cobalt and Petral my favorite computers. With these two computers I have just about every situation covered for teaching or personal diving.

I am just waiting for the release of the Wrist Mounted Cobalt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom