Non Diving Incident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This place?

Actually DandyDon, Unfortunately the only sign says one word "Peligroso" (danger)thats it. No reference to anything else.
We and lots of other locals have been on those rocks before without a thought at all to that ever happening.
My only afterthought was if I had observed for at least 5 minutes the water then I would have seen the wave sets and their height and would have stayed away.
My wife and I take active vacations and always do multiple levels of risk analysis prior to any activity- camping in the desert, hiking, mountain climbing in ice, SCUBA, kayaking to name a few. We come back fine every time.
This time we did not and we paid a hard price for it but NOT because we didnt heed an indepth warning or that it was in spanish. I speak,read and write in spanish.
I'd misread your first post; sorry - edited my last one some. Was it you or your wife that took the severe injuries. Still not sure. Whichever, glad y'all made it and the injured one recovering.

DandyDon, I believe the wife took a short fall of a few feet and got some good cuts, but he was washed across twenty feet of rocks and severely injured. At least, that was the way I parsed the original post after a couple reads.

Teamcasa, yeah that area filmed is near where we were but not the same exact spot. sadly brings flashbacks for me.
bsee65 - correct I took the brunt of the damage- which I am happy to do for my wife. She has some cuts and bruised knees but no stitches or any major damage. I got 90% of damages, stitches about 200 plus 40 staples and the rest you can see on the pics. BUT, I am healing fast, lots of wound therapy soon phys thpy.

Ok, gotcha - and yeah, I'm sure you'd rather take the hits than see your wife take them. Glad she wasn't badly hurt and that you survived to receive excellent care. I was also confused where the pics were? In your SB gallerly - got it! ScubaBoard Gallery - Aquabear Gallery Ouch ouch ouch!

In case we dont chat til after, to all of you dandydon, teamcasa,bsee65,joystershell and everyone replying or reading, I hope these holidays bring you love, joy,happiness,health and money. I pass this along as someone out there wants me around a little longer to remind everyone about embracing and appreciating the great things they have in life no matter how bog or small they are- hey it could always be worse ---alot worse.
Happy Holidays to you all!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom