Non Diver Activities in Dauin, Dumaguete

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

glenver

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
hi folks!

wanted to ask for your help on possible activities for my non-diver girlfriend in dumaguete.

she will be coming with us on a trip there on Feb 20-23, and i'm hoping to find a bit more about what she can do while we dive. she likes photography (does that help?)

we were hoping to be able to do some dolphin/whale watching.. but the link we found is a bit too expensive.. you guys know of an alternative?

Bais Dolphin Watching - Dumaguete Outdoors

looking forward to hear your thoughts! thanks.

cheers!
g

chief, id recommend the following:
1) manjuyod sandbar + dolphin watching (you can do both in one trip. you should come along, its really cool) I can hook you up with the resort we stayed in before. they can arrange the boat trip
2) malatapay market on wednesdays. a short ride from dgte
3) picture picture at silliman with their old american colonial architecture buildings and the old bell tower sa dgte church

if you go dolphin watchign sa bais, they're a bit overpriced compared to manjuyod. but manjuyod's more than an hour from dgte. bais is just like 45 mins

why wednesday in malatapay market? anything going on during wednesdays?

Just some ideas for non diving days:

sightseeing in Dumaguete Market, Clock-tower, Silliman University complex, some nice old Spanish and American colonial - buildings in town

around Dumaguete: Waterfalls, Twin-lakes, Mama Marie's Garden just behind Sibulan

Sightseeing in Negros Oriental : A lot to do and see.

or simply staying in the room and suffering the whole day from a good night out before and doing the same again in the evening.

In mid February are not that many dolphins around but still worth a trip, I was unlucky twice this year with a kind of rough sea. but still great trip when the right group is together

cheers

Rhoody

chief, id recommend the following:
1) manjuyod sandbar + dolphin watching (you can do both in one trip. you should come along, its really cool) I can hook you up with the resort we stayed in before. they can arrange the boat trip
2) malatapay market on wednesdays. a short ride from dgte
3) picture picture at silliman with their old american colonial architecture buildings and the old bell tower sa dgte church

if you go dolphin watchign sa bais, they're a bit overpriced compared to manjuyod. but manjuyod's more than an hour from dgte. bais is just like 45 mins

thanks neugi! would be really interested in your hook up.. will be sure to ask you more when we're in anilao!

you think bais is a bit overpriced? i was a bit inclined to go to bais because my nanny growing up is from there, and i always remember her fondest stories from my childhood..

silliman is definetely on the list. my father went there for bachelor's. and my gramps was president for the longest time until he passed away.

Just some ideas for non diving days:

sightseeing in Dumaguete Market, Clock-tower, Silliman University complex, some nice old Spanish and American colonial - buildings in town

around Dumaguete: Waterfalls, Twin-lakes, Mama Marie's Garden just behind Sibulan

Sightseeing in Negros Oriental : A lot to do and see.

or simply staying in the room and suffering the whole day from a good night out before and doing the same again in the evening.

In mid February are not that many dolphins around but still worth a trip, I was unlucky twice this year with a kind of rough sea. but still great trip when the right group is together

cheers

Rhoody

hey rhoody! thanks for the local info! been reading up on the info you sent. do you know of an affordable bais trip? was hoping to stay there overnight in preparation for a very early dolphin trip the next morning.

do you think it's better to head to manjuyod in feb for dolphins?

ps. catching up with you and a cold beer is climbing it's way on the list too! let me know if you'll be in the city then!

just off bais - there is a sandbar that disappears during high tide. they usually pitch this in when you go dolphin watching. i like the dolphins in Bais- they're friendlier and they like to show off...

if there will be just two of you, glen, you might find that trip a little bit pricey. if you can hook up with another group- it will be worth it.

thanks mags! will definitely look that up.

thanks neugi! would be really interested in your hook up.. will be sure to ask you more when we're in anilao!

you think bais is a bit overpriced? i was a bit inclined to go to bais because my nanny growing up is from there, and i always remember her fondest stories from my childhood..

silliman is definetely on the list. my father went there for bachelor's. and my gramps was president for the longest time until he passed away.

hey rhoody! thanks for the local info! been reading up on the info you sent. do you know of an affordable bais trip? was hoping to stay there overnight in preparation for a very early dolphin trip the next morning.

do you think it's better to head to manjuyod in feb for dolphins?

ps. catching up with you and a cold beer is climbing it's way on the list too! let me know if you'll be in the city then!

please call me neu. neugi just doesnt sound right. :)
so your dad's from there. my dad's from tanjay, about 45 mins north of dgte.
hehe

when are you diving dgte? i'll be there around the 3rd week of jan 2009. visiting relatives. might do some dives if I have time.

please call me neu. neugi just doesnt sound right. :)
so your dad's from there. my dad's from tanjay, about 45 mins north of dgte.
hehe

when are you diving dgte? i'll be there around the 3rd week of jan 2009. visiting relatives. might do some dives if I have time.

my dad is from dumaguete proper.

we'll be there mid-late feb. planning to stay a week but only spend the first 3 days diving.

thanks for the input. i think i'm too excited too early for this trip. hhahaha!

Back
Top Bottom