non-dive shops that perform hydro's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

air is cheep I pump RIX oil free non lube water cooled o2 compatible air
Nothing comes for free! Why don't you tell us how much you spend on third stage rings every year? (I have a RIX too, so I KNOW what it takes to keep that beast running.)

One of my friends went to a dive shop and they wouldn't fill his freshly hydroed tank. So he called the hydro place up and they put their own vis sticker on it and comped him a fill. Point being, ask the hydro place for a vis sticker and they might just give you one. Our local facility charges $18.00.

Thanks Peter.

Nothing comes for free! Why don't you tell us how much you spend on third stage rings every year? (I have a RIX too, so I KNOW what it takes to keep that beast running.)
With that said at $6 a fill and 5 min of time for our divers air is cheep to them for us its a loss leader so we can sell them something. we need there support!!!! so we can pump air.:D I like using non lube air for piece of mind that I cant screw up and pump CO or oil :dork2::acclaim:

---------- Post added April 9th, 2013 at 09:55 AM ----------

If you find such place, be sure to let us know.
acme fire on frutvale ave oakland

Carbonic Services on De La Cruz Blvd in Santa Clara quoted me at $30 per aluminum tank last year. Might be about the same now.

Carbonic quoted me $27 today for a scuba tank.

Interesting thing about them is they use ultrasonic testing, not hydrostatic. So no water inside the tank and no need to dry them after.

Will try taking one of my steel tanks down there.

Carbonic quoted me $27 today for a scuba tank.

Interesting thing about them is they use ultrasonic testing, not hydrostatic. So no water inside the tank and no need to dry them after.

Will try taking one of my steel tanks down there.
Just looked that up. Never heard of it before.

Back
Top Bottom