Non Dive Report - Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mccabejc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well, just got back last night from my trip to the Philippines. There was a typhoon that parked off the east coast of the Philippines the day I got there, and sat there all week. Every day the weather report predicted that the following day the typhoon would travel west and pass thru Puerto Galera, where I was planning to dive. And every day it just sat there. Called down to the dive site and they said conditions were bad, don't bother. Finally, a few days ago (Sunday) the typhoon moved west, and passed south of Manila where we were staying. On Monday the weather was gorgeous. Unfortunately, we had to leave yesterday, so I never got a chance to dive. Bummer.

SO, WHO'S DIVING THIS WEEKEND ??? :jump013:

mccabejc:
Well, just got back last night from my trip to the Philippines. There was a typhoon that parked off the east coast of the Philippines the day I got there, and sat there all week. Every day the weather report predicted that the following day the typhoon would travel west and pass thru Puerto Galera, where I was planning to dive. And every day it just sat there. Called down to the dive site and they said conditions were bad, don't bother. Finally, a few days ago (Sunday) the typhoon moved west, and passed south of Manila where we were staying. On Monday the weather was gorgeous. Unfortunately, we had to leave yesterday, so I never got a chance to dive. Bummer.

Welcome back, Jim!

Unbelievable!!! You went all the way to the Philippines and didn't get to dive!!!! :11:

Maybe we can get you into the Aquarium of the Pacific in some display that looks like the Philippines and just take a few pictures. :wink:

See you soon.

Christian

mccabejc:

Why didn't you go south to Cebu or Bohol? Or even Boracay?

Hank49:
Why didn't you go south to Cebu or Bohol? Or even Boracay?

NOW you tell me !!! Actually, the purpose of the trip was to visit my fiance's family and work on a business we're starting over there. Diving was a side trip if we had time. Aside from diving, the trip was an incredible success. :D

I think the typhoon screwed up all of the south Phillipine islands, so Cebu was probably about the same condition. Speaking of Cebu, that's definitely on my list for my next trip there. I was talking to some retired folks from there, and it sounds like a great place to buy a very inexpensive house on the beach. OOoo LA LA !!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom