Non-Cage dive with a White Shark

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those are awesome shots...thanks for sharing. I'm jeoulous...i love great whites.

Scuba65:
Those are awesome shots...thanks for sharing. I'm jeoulous...i love great whites.

I think they are fascinating too, but from now on I'd prefer to be behind a cage while watching them.

OH man....got close enough to count some teeth there didn't'cha?

*shiver* I was diving on Burns Rocks just a mile south of there on that same day with a cute little western australian fur seal following me around for part of the dive....

Kinda a new take on "macro" photography! I think you got awesome shots...I'd have them printed and make a triptych (sp) of them (you know, three shots in the same frame) and hang them on the wall. There "lack" of technical perfection I think makes them exciting and what a story!

BTW - calipers = claspers :wink:

Totally agree: a story like yours deserves to get framed and hung on the wall!

How cool. Still trying to figure out if I'd WANT that to happen to me or not...brrrr. But what a beautiful animal!

lukeROB:
Reason I think it was a girl is because I'm pretty certain it didn't have calipers.

I think you mean claspers. If she had calipers, now that would be an interesting picture.

Awesome shots. I really envy you your experience. I think. :wink:

WOW! I couldn't get the home computer to download the pics last night but from the original post I was thinking you were a little ways away. Geez, looks like you were up close and personal with the big one. Congrats on a picture of a lifetime!

luke, those pics are stunning. I'm curious as to how close you got to the shark and whether you were exhaling or trying to hold your breath when it got that close. Was the shark at all curious about you or did it seem disinterested? I'm impressed you even got photos with that kind of adrenaline running through you. How long did you wait until the shark passed before surfacing and did you have much of a surface swim afterwards before exiting the water?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom