Non-Cage dive with a White Shark

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My initial thought : great I 'd love this to happen to me. Then read your story and it got me thinking that Iwould have been scared to death... Thanks for sharing !

Great story, and some nice pics to remember it by.
Definitely a story you can tell on many a dive trip to come :)

Thanks for sharing the pics and your tale. Though I'm still (sigh) waiting for my first "wild" shark, I'm not sure I want to meet one of those . . . but what an animal, she sure was a beautiful creature.

MAN -

First off, I'd have likely filled my drysuit. You dah man. Glad things worked out. Doing your best Richard Dryfuss and hugging the bottom... Yeah, its all funny NOW

Next - the "Whitie" pic looks like the poster from JAWS

Excellent story - you captured the emotion and the rush and the relief of the situation. Welcome to the board - write more anytime.

K

DivingGal - Want sharks? Come on down... dive with me in the Keys.. they always seem to show up when I'm in the water.

whoa! reading the facts makes me wonder what I would do in a situation like yours. Thank God you kept your cool.

Killer write up buddy!! I pasted it in Word format and distributed it around the office. Included the up close and personal pics. Everybody in my dept. was in awe. A few of them stated that if they were you, their gear would have been up on Ebay as soon as they got back to shore and cleaned out the brown stains. They loved the story though and talked about it most of the afternoon. Your last name isn't "Benchley" by chance?

WOW! great story! must have been a crazy experience. Awesome photos!

Back
Top Bottom