Non-Cage dive with a White Shark

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rtavernetti:
Where where you diving when you saw the WS?

Thanks
Rich

OK. I just wanted to get my mug on TV first. Here you guys go. :eyebrow:

IN ALL HER GLORY

Photo shot on Manual - F4.8, 1/60th (turned off the strobe cause I didn't want to piss it off). This is the first of 3 I will post. Obviously I did some curves adjustment to increase contrast, but thats it!

I was diving off Mindarie, Perth, Western Australia. About two miles from shore, in 12m water. It hung around for a good 6-8 minutes so I really had oppurtunity but was just awe struck. More intent on the experience of a lifetime.

The graininess imports immediacy to the fright factor. If you have a blurry one don't show it to small children.

alcina:
Wow, baby!! Excellent shot - a memory of a lifetime...I am pretty sure I would still be jittery! What channel can I see you on???

And are you sure it was a girl?

On Channel 9 news 18:00.

Reason I think it was a girl is because I'm pretty certain it didn't have calipers.

is it on today or tomorrow (tuesday)

if it was on today i must have missed it...stupid time difference :) :sad:

lukeROB:
HOLY CRAP!

If I saw a great white shark without a cage, I'd be praying (HOLY) and then, well . . . you know . . . .

Thanks for posting the photo. I agree that the grainyness and bad vis make for a scary moment.

BEAUTIFUL! What a thrill that would be, I'm soooo jealous! I won't be seeing any of those any time soon. Thanks for posting the pics!
Ber :lilbunny:

Given the circumstances I think they are great photos!!! Think that the water might have suddenly changed colour if it had been me ;-) Am really jealous...what an amazing experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom