Nobody posted about the nurse shark attack yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hammet

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499

Footage shows newlywed bride bitten by shark in Caribbean | Daily Mail Online

473C329A00000578-0-image-a-63_1513055206583.jpg

Pointing your hand to an approaching shark.. not the wisest of decisions !

Yeah that was weird or odd. First, it looked like she was extending her arm out to the shark as if it was a pet dog.

But I watched it over and over and it seems like her arms were extended and she was just floating there, then the shark swims directly at her extended arm and bites it.

What a great story she will have to tell husband #2, the non-diver.

Them Nerf Sharks are notoriously shy and avoid areas where they've been bothered previously.

Like under piers at resorts.

Unless, of course, they've come to expect handouts from those hairless pink monkeys.

Last edited:
Dang. I didn't see her taunting. I suspect that the shark was on top of her before she had time to react. We have no idea where her eyes were when the shark approached. I suspect Richard is correct on the hand out thought. It wasn't there to do harm, but it knows which part of the "air breathing thing" usually holds the snacks.

My favourite story of a nurse shark bite is still the older (2006) Darwin Award nominee described at At-Risk Survivor: Shark Kiss
No video of that one though (that I know of).

To clarify... that is favourite as in "dumba$$" and not favourite as in "that's someone I would like to dive with."

My favourite story of a nurse shark bite is still the older (2006) Darwin Award nominee described at At-Risk Survivor: Shark Kiss
No video of that one though (that I know of).

To clarify... that is favourite as in "dumba$$" and not favourite as in "that's someone I would like to dive with."
There is a brief clip of that as an introduction to a TV show but at the moment I can't think which one. If I see it again I will post the title.

Back
Top Bottom