Victim speaks about Shark attack Monterey 6/22/22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great attitude, and impressive speech, but not a diver.

It’s where a lot of us NorCal guys dive all the time. Another non diver had his SUP board bitten in the same spot just a couple of weeks ago.

It's where we go swimming in the very shallows. It's a great spot with kids because the ocean just laps on the beach due to the direction the beach faces. However as a diver I knew what could be out there further so we stayed very close to shore. Many people paddleboard and kayak there, going very far out, much further than the site of the attack, and is a popular spot. I don't know whether this incident diminished visitors but likely all forgotten now.

I had great post certification dives there seeing seals and otters. One dive with someone else inexperienced resulted in surfacing way out there and surface swimming in. The bug on the surface feeling was very strong on the way in weaving through surface kelp.

I don't often weep, but that one caught me off guard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom