Nobel Prize for Environmental Concern: Which Country?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

isurus:
this has to be worth some sort of honourable mention for the uk and sweden: http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/4819.html
it seems we're both hitting our targets to my surprise and delight.

Sweden allright! But UK is responsible for ruining some fabolous trout fishing in the southern Norwegian mountains for the past 100 years or so (Sulfer from your coal burning + industry). Maybe you're getting better, but I still hold a grudge against you guys for that... :14:

KOMPRESSOR:
but I still hold a grudge against you guys for that... :14:
Awww....just when I thought we were getting along so well! :33:

isurus:
Well as i understand it we're all teaming up to help each others salmon fishing by banning a certain type of netting so does that help?

Actually, fisheries are paid not to fish with driftnets in the open sea. By the Norwegian Government...

that wasn't what I was thinking of, but I'm struggling to find data on the issue i referred to so i may be mistaken - will try and find details later. in the meantime thats 1 bonus point for Norway

isurus:
in the meantime thats 1 bonus point for Norway

No not really! It's done solely for our own egoistic purposes, since salmon (sport)fishing in our rivers is big business. Unfortunately the fishing rights in these rivers are on private hands, and therefore just another "product" for sale to the highest bidder... It sucks, but that just how it is. I don't get to do any salmon fishing any longer. It's too expensive, and the best spots are sold to the filthy rich anyway...

Anyway, here's me in the middle back in 1990, with the day's catch of atlantic salmon:

SALMON.JPG

More fishing pics here

Concern means nothing without action. Many countries have laws not enforced, people who violate laws not prosecuted. Stay put

Back
Top Bottom