NO Zeagle Ranger on GEAR OF THE YEAR 2002

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dxtreme

Reaction score
it is not among the best gear for 2002 according to Scuba Diving magzine.

wht gives. ................ ?

Is Scuba Diving magazine bias ??

check out the mag from your book store.

I thought i am going to buy my gear based on the review but it seems like they just put together a bunch of stuff and publish it lie an advertisment

Zeagle's check must have got lost in the mail! :froggy:

I've seen and used the Ranger.. and it's a fine BC. Doesn't seem any better than any of the other typical back inflates out there. Why are you so insistent that it should be among 2002's best gear?

i guess, al ot of people refer the Ranger as the next best thing after BP/WING ???

The Zeagle COncept PRO made it to the list though. maybe the magazine just got 1 cehck instead of 2 from zeagle :eek:

I think the reason that the Ranger is mentioned so often is because it was one of the first "tech" marketed modern back inflate BC's. Hence, it's popular.

I don't see that it offers any fantastic advantage over other back inflates such as the Seaquest Balance or Black Diamond, SP Knighthawk, IDI Advantage, or others. It may have been among the first, but it's certainly not the unequivocal best.

I don't know if many people will classify it as "the next best thing to a BP/wing." They're two quite different BC's.

jonnythan once bubbled...

I don't know if many people will classify it as "the next best thing to a BP/wing." They're two quite different BC's.

They are getting closer. Look at Zeagle's website updated for 2003 - click on Online Catalog... Bouyancy... BC Options, at the bottom of the page, they are now offering BP's to bolt on to their BC's. I know it is not a true BP/Wings, not DIR, etc, I just find it interesting. Maybe there is something to all this BP stuff after all... :wink:

I like my Ranger, wish the trim weight pouches were standard, like most back-inflate BC's, and not a $50 option. I know - if I had a BP/wings, I would not need trim weight pouches...

Mark

Who cares what rodal says?

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
Who cares what rodal says?
Yeah...that's what I was thinkin' too.:D

you guys gotta give Zeagle ranger some credit.. otherwise why would they be the infamous "RANGER --> EBAY --> BP/WING scenario and dilemma in this forum

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom