no whales yet...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just ask any boat that is promoting whale watching and you will be told they are here.....They are just showing up, late.

Does anybody know what the final word is on whether or not jetskis and parasail boats will be prohibited around Maui during the Dec15-May15 whale season like in other years?

I see that there has been a bunch of legal wrangling back and forth, but don't know how it finally ended up.

Charlie

Charlie99:
Does anybody know what the final word is on whether or not jetskis and parasail boats will be prohibited around Maui during the Dec15-May15 whale season like in other years?

I see that there has been a bunch of legal wrangling back and forth, but don't know how it finally ended up.

Charlie
Hey Charlie,

The Jet Ski's are voluntarily shutting down for whale season. Last I heard the prohibition had been lifted, but because of public opinion most of the companies are voluntarily closing down for the season. I found this out while scheduling a jet ski tour for a friend and was told to make it before December 1st as they were closing for this reason.

Aloha, Tim

Just read this morning that US District Judge Susan Oki Mollway has given a stay of her judgement for 30 days. So the ban is back in effect for an extra 30 days while it is evaluated. By the time it is over, the thrillcraft operators would have already agreed voluntarily to stop operating. The Parasailers on Maui were shutting down from January - May on their own.

Aloha, Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom