No tanks from PST?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

royalediver

Contributor
Reaction score
Saw this post on another board. Anybody know what's going on?

A local store just received a letter from Pressed Steel saying they will not be shipping most tanks until late June early July while they "reorganize".

Anybody know anything?

P.S. they said no one will answer the phone so "leave voicemail messages"

AFAIK they're in the process of moving their machinery to a new plant. Have to interrupt production to do it.
Rick

However, they were unable to get the funding that last fall they were saying they could not make the move without, so there is some question whether they were just crying wolf then, or involved now in a last-gasp attempt to make the move without the necessary funding.

It's funny - normally when you talk to people from a company that is on the verge of going under they insist everything is fine and normal right up until the padlocks go on the doors. PST seems to be doing the opposite - at DEMA, and much more recently, the PST people I talk to admit freely they have no clue what is going to happen.

Rick Murchison:
AFAIK they're in the process of moving their machinery to a new plant. Have to interrupt production to do it.
Rick

Our local shop now has Worthington tanks, You can get them much faster, they are a little cheaper and they are pretty much the same as the PST.

IMO, PST will have a very hard time recovering from this.

scubaclimber:
IMO, PST will have a very hard time recovering from this.

It sure opens the barn door for Worthington.

We are still hearing April for an order we placed last fall for about 25 tanks. In fact we just got in some 65cf’s for a customer last week. I agree the Worthington's are more readily available right now and that they are almost identical dimensions, importunely we have had a hard time convincing customers that they are the same because there is so much talk about the PST's.

Paul

scubaclimber:
Our local shop now has Worthington tanks, You can get them much faster, they are a little cheaper and they are pretty much the same as the PST.
Anyone know why the Worthington's are 1.5 lbs more negatively buoyant? And if that weight is evenly distributed or if its more to one end or the other of the tank?

I live in Wisconsin and know PST was to move but still have not moved to the new location, a bit of home work shows that they were banking on a big loan from local city admin, and this move to the old A.O. plant has not been a done deal!!

They came out with a bang with the new HP's and I think=[my 2 cents] they are on the verge of going out with a big BANG!! =MY 2 CENTS!

If they go out = No DOT mean them PST tanks will [all] be scrap!

Worthington seems to be the choice of most folks! and they are not going any place! The price is right and in stock! IN STOCK NOW!!! TODAY! NO WAIT!< NO WAIT!! I just got a HP 130 Worthington SWEEEEEEEET!
from Barry at Dive sales CHEAP!!!!!!!!
I did the waiting game,seen the hype PST had at local dive shows and I did like to buy a local tank,made US Of A & Wisconsin but,,,, screw the high prices LDS were about to rape you on them!
And I think PST first mistake was to try to sell direct wrong! the rest will be history and I could be wrong!
Dive safe,
Brad

Pressed Steel Tank had a large manufacturing facility that was old, deteriorated and ilocated in an urban area of West llis WI. The property was acquired under the threat of condemnation for redevelopment of the land. I believe they had ample funds from the government for a new manufacturing facility and ample proceeds from the condemnation. But who knows, the owners of the business may have decided to take the money and run. Manufacturing, particularly metal working, in the USA is declining rapidly, It is highly competitive with foreign companies wihere cheap labor is readily available. They do make a quality product!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom