NO Scuba Pro Uwantec Smart Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dxtreme

Reaction score
it is not among the best gear for 2002 according to Scuba Diving magzine.

wht gives. ................ ?

Is Scuba Diving magazine bias ??

check out the mag from your book store.

I thought i am going to buy my gear based on the review but it seems like they just put together a bunch of stuff and publish it lie an advertisment

Rodale's does not like Uwatec computers because they do not have a user replacable battery and the computer functions are accessed with metal contacts rather than buttons.

The sealed in battery of the Uwatec computer is very reliable. My 4.5 year old Aladin Pro Nitrox has about 250 dives on it and the battery indicator says 69% of it is left. I have seen many batteries go out on Aeris/Oceanic and Suunto computers at the worst time.

or possibly the UWATEC is a 2003 model ?

Are you talking about "the mother of all reviews" or something like that? Is it available online because I can't get the magazine here. I'm considering a subscription. The latest reg review I can find on Rodale's website is from 2001.

dont think it is online . its best gear of the year 2002 magazine.

IIRC Rondale's only tests units that are submitted to them. If for one reason or an other a manufacturer does not submit a piece of gear then it doesn't get tested. Meaning Scuba Diver does not go out and get the unit from an alternate source. I didn't read the article but maybe they only considered units they tested.

Back
Top Bottom