no private message access via the gallery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
When I am viewing in the gallery and notice that I have received a PM and click the link - I am not taken to my private messages.

Bugs, bugs bugs... if I fix them all this forum won't have a purpose :wink:

LOL...

I haven't said anything coz it isn't a big deal, but I NEVER get taken to my new messages when the little message pops up. I always have to go in through the link in the upper right corner.

The little message that pops up won't work if you have the IE popup blocker or other popup blockers running. Also, if you have more than one message it will only take you to your private message inbox as it doesn't know what message to show you first :wink:

nope, no pop up blocker. I do get the pop up, but I don't always look right away and then when I think of it, and I happen to be in the gallery at the time I can't get in :bawling:

I get some of that, from my AdSubtract perhaps.

I use UserCP, as that brings up all new messages. :colgate:

I have a popup blocker and I don't have a problem with the PM thing. It works everytime. Must not be a system wide problem.

Any of you recently upgrade to Windows XP SP2? The new Windows popup blocker can keep your messages from popping up.

You can check your Windows version by clicking START --> RUN and typing WINVER then pressing ENTER.

If that is the problem, post back and I can leave instructions on how to "fix" it.

Rhad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom