No peeing in your westsuit!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very bad choice of words.....again, I thought he was just peeing

Heheh , He said come, Heheh
005.jpg

So given that modesty is the order of the day in Honduras, whipping out the pink bits and exposing them to the locals is rather insensitive, culturally speaking and only serves to reinforce any negative stereotypes that locals may have about tourists.

Thailand has the same sort of issues, not so much with the peeing, but with women topless on the beach or running around in bikini tops in non beach areas. Heck, I even went to a temple wearing shorts, not thinking about it at all. I wasn't refused admission but given a pair of long pants to put on over my shorts.They even had shirts on hand, lest you show up in a tank top.

In all seriousness though, I want to thank the OP of this thread for raising a serious issue to the attention of those of us that were considering a diving trip to Roatan. I have wanted to go since my dive buddy got back but never got around to it. To think I could have travelled to a place that would allow this to happen. I never thought Roatan would be full of perverts wanting pictures of my junk while they ate.....

Of course this fellow diving with a West End shop might have used a little common sense and taken care of business elswhere. Not real cool when the local kids, mothers, daughters and such are right there. :dork2:

If mine had a halo like he has, I'd be showing it off too. It reminds me of the holy cards the nuns used to pass out in grade school

No,
Its more like if they stopped the car in a populated neighborhood in front of a bunch of homes and whipped it out, I was in my dining room watching the boats come and go as this occured

Please show me a picture of this populated neighborhood.

I see a rocky coast, and what might be steps?

I see in your images the afore mentioned "blue house" if this is the case, the image makes it look isolated.

And if you're going to use your populated neighborhood scenario, with the length of the lens as noted, and not argued by you, it would be like he drove across and open field, and did it away from the homes.

Sure, not the best judgement, but hardly worth the uproar you seem to deem it deserves.

we are talking broad daylight and not even turning his back to the shore in a populated area where there are many families with children

Ok, so finish the story. Show me the follow up picture of the mothers and children, pointing and staring mouths gaping, in shock, at this terrible crime.

You've got the camera, you took the pictures, show me the families and children.

Wow !!! a 5 page pissing match. And I thought it was a discussion about a bad case of monk suit.

As someone who has traveled through out the world and has pissed like the locals more than once I can see RTBDiver's point. RTBDiver, is trying to make the point that the dude was pissing off the boat in front of his house while he was eating dinner. I would agree that the dick in the picture could be more discrete.

But the dick was probably thinking - hey I am on a boat. Which means I am not around the rest of the world and never thought to look towards shore so he just whipped it out. I fully understand as I got chastised by the Captain while pissing off the boat while it faced Pebble Beach Golf Course in CA. At the time I did not think much about it as we were a good hundred yards off shore. But even if you could not see me ole talliwhacker from shore one knew what I was doing. The Captain did not want a hassle from the golf course as he liked using the cove between dives. Talking to the boat captain was the best course of action.

And if all of you all are thinking about pissing in front of my house. Just be prepared to be whipping out some buck shot from yer johnson. The wife don't take kindly to folks pissing on her flowers or this time of year leaving yellow stain.

Please show me a picture of this populated neighborhood.

So there is my Blue house, The directcly next door is a large cement home and another one bedroom home, Next door to that you will notice 3 smaller cement homes/apartments that are 2 family each, next door to that is the grey/blue house, Just across the road is the church, oldest on Roatan..

Attachments

• 0000000001111.jpg
    0000000001111.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 71
Ok, so there's some houses. Where are the people who saw this man peeing?

The center of your fury is the families and children that were witnessing this event.

If you took a picture of his junk, why not the picture of the screaming babies, scarred for life?

Of course this fellow diving with a West End shop might have used a little common sense and taken care of business elswhere. Not real cool when the local kids, mothers, daughters and such are right there. :dork2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom