no online Scubapro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, they don't allow Internet sales in the US... They can't do that in Europe.

You can also buy from LP in the States, but you won't have SC guarantee, just LP guarantee.

theslyfox01 once bubbled...
thats a bit odd, I sopose its good of them to try to help out the LDS stores though, without them where all in trouble I guess :) thanks for the info Scubaroo

Their not trying to help the LDS. They don't want to lose the shops. They also want a "qualified" tech to assemble and test the equipment before it's put in your hand.

They also want pros to use and promote their equipment. If they are pushed out of the market by low online prices they will use and promote someothing else.

IMO, they should let dealers sell online. Places like LP (non-dive shop retailers) will still not meet the requirements to be a dealer. That would increase the market size for the LDS allowing them to compete in price. Of course there might be less dealers and make some other things less convenient unless other changes are made.

Mike, Europe shows how what SP and the others are doing in the States is just plain BS. Prices there are 20 to 40% lower. Most of the European LDS sell online and are authorized dealers.

If you look at UK site of SP, you will see that there is no internet sales restriction and that they actually feature the link to all of their authorized dealers selling online. The same is true with other manufacturers.

BTW, looking at the # of SP dealers in Europe, I don't think that it has affected their sales network, just the opposite.

A French LDS I buy from when I am there was surprised when I asked them to fill out the warranty card. To them, the only requirement to take advantage of the warranty benefits was servicing the reg once a year and keeping a receipt of the servicing. Because there is no "gray market" in Europe, any SP dealer will be bound by the terms of the warranty and will not question the origin of the gear...

I bought my SP MK25 from a LDS here, and they gave me a great deal. I was eying them on LP, but buying there would mean no warranty. With the discount I got, it was only marginally more expensive.

I am sorry, I feel the term gray market is BS, its obviously a scuba pro product made by a scubapro factory so its a legit product how can the warranty go poof and the company say..well too bad.. How can a company say we will not touch this product if it was not sold by so and so, if ever taken to court things would change...Its just manipulating the loopholes in the laws...

Rant over
:boom: :boom:

There is no such thing as FREE ENTEPRISE in the scuba business in the US of A

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom