No more getting lost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Speargirl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
My husband just walked in with a TomTom ONE XL.
My husband, the boys and Hermit Crab (ScubaJenny's daughter) went out and bought me one so I won't ever get lost again.
I am really happy about this and thought I would let everyone know that I will never get lost again to any of our SB Events.
:auto: I'm going to be on the road alot now:luxhello:
Becky

congrats!

we got a garmin nuvi and its amazing how attached you become to one of these things!

we even use interstate and overseas

enjoy

I have no sense of direction, and absolutely need a GPS. It sure beats carrying multiple city maps in the car! Great investment, imo.

Woah, very, very nice Becky! Tell Gregg he forgot mine :wink1:

Just do not follow it too blindly, there are horror stories out there of people who took the GPS guidance a bit too literally....................

I did that once with a regular roadmap, thought I had found a shortcut. Paved road up over a little hump, 4' drop-off on the other side to the dirt road it had become. Sure looked like a continuous line on the paper map, and GPS maps are made from those.............

They do work great but Garmins routing program could use some tweeking. Mine will always get me to where I want to go but some of the routes it chooses are no where near the best. I find the best way to use it is to take the main roads (or ones I know to be the best route to get me in the general area) and then start following it's directions once I get close.

I picked up a Navigon 7000T in Germany on my last trip. The maps are good and the greatest thing is, it came with both the USA and 32 European countries as well. No extra costs for them.

Shh... it's a big secret and I PROMISED Becky that I wouldn't tell anyone on SB that she used it to get from Marathon to Key West! :rofl3:

Shh... it's a big secret and I PROMISED Becky that I wouldn't tell anyone on SB that she used it to get from Marathon to Key West! :rofl3:

That is so funny!:rofl3:

Having gotten lost in, and trying to get out of, Key West before I cannot say much.

We at least know she will be good to go North of Florida City now!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom