No more getting lost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are preference settings where you can choose to default to fastest or shortest route (highway vs. back roads) as well as things you prefer to avoid (like toll roads or tunnels).

the level at which you can select the roads is somewhat determined by the cost of the unit...more money,more features.. My nuvi 250W will let me chose shortest or fastest but not much else in the way of routes....and neither seems to make any difference.

What I have found out is the TomTom is slow on directions I was told to turn 1/4 mile to the left and I was already at the stop light when she said turn left. Now if I didn't know the area I would have went through the light and turned into a hotel. So I guess you still need to know or read the signs to make sure you know where your turns are. Also when I stopped into a gas station and backed up and turned the car around to go back out onto the road, she said (turn around) :confused: I thought that's wrong that would put me driving through the store which wouldn't have been a bad idea seeins how I just paid $8.00 for 3 push-up ice cream bars.:rofl3: So I still need to know the roads soem what so I don't get lost. I think it will do great for me because it's the highways and turn offs that confuse me alot.

I think I am the only person who can leave my moms house which is only 40 min from Tampa and 8 hrs later only be 50 miles away in Ebor City Tampa (I think I spelt that right) at 2AM which is a party place in Tampa.
It's only 7 hours to the Keys from my moms house.:rofl3:

So if I way it out, as long as she keeps me away from Ebor City at 2AM I will keep her. :wink:

YBor :)

It is a talent few of us possess SG :D

Back
Top Bottom