No more getting lost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shh... it's a big secret and I PROMISED Becky that I wouldn't tell anyone on SB that she used it to get from Marathon to Key West! :rofl3:

Jenny :11: you would tell everybody:shakehead::rofl3:.

This is what happened, I got it and wanted too learn to use it so I did set it when we went down to Key West:14: BUT like always I got turned around in Key West. This is what happend I parked the car on Elizabeth street we walked to Duval to meet Jenny, hermit crab and DennisS we had a great time there and when we all got ready to leave Jenny and Dennis said would you like us to walk you and the boys to the car ( I should have said yes:shakehead: I couldn't find my car we walked a round for 2 hours now it's 1am in Key West with my two boys who are sooo tired so I got my phone out and called 911:( I told her that it was not an emergency but I lost my car, she sent a police officer out to us turns out that Elizabeth's sign it three sided and we were only a 2 min walk where we gave up on tyring to find it. First time ever I was in the back of a police car:shakehead: the boys thought it was great, My youngest sat up front with him and gave him an adult conversation that just blew that mans mind he even asked, How old are you son he say's I am eight with his head way above the clouds. With the discription of the car and where we parked it ( in front of a old grave yard that was no longer to be found) he said I know where your car is :11: we turn the corner and sure enough there it was, no more than 200 yards away from where we gave up. The good thing is he said people do it all the time with Elizabeth St. But I still felt like an ass, so yea I did use my TomTom getiing out of Key West.
Now the new joke is I need a TomTom straped to my butt.:rofl3:

Thanks Jenny I love you too:10:
Becky

Jenny :11: you would tell everybody:shakehead::rofl3:.

Thanks Jenny I love you too:10:
Becky

Don't worry Becky, Jenny has a few skeletons in her closet too....

scubajenny.jpg

I have a nuvi and I love the thing. though after I got it I decided it would be fun to trust it entireley on a trip to Mammoth Cave KY. Lets just say some of the backroads are very interesting up that ways :wink: it got us there, but I think the Highway would have been faster. Yours is a portable so my recomendation is review its directions and use common sense. You got a Tomtom so you can force it to take the route you want by placing all sorts of way points.

They do work great but Garmins routing program could use some tweeking. Mine will always get me to where I want to go but some of the routes it chooses are no where near the best. I find the best way to use it is to take the main roads (or ones I know to be the best route to get me in the general area) and then start following it's directions once I get close.

There are preference settings where you can choose to default to fastest or shortest route (highway vs. back roads) as well as things you prefer to avoid (like toll roads or tunnels).

I've got one and it comes in very handy. But the routing thing is an issue at times with me as well. Of course it doesn't help living near Pittsburgh. Every day the idiots at PennDOT are closing some road and rerouting things that even the most sophisticated GPS could not keep up with.

I used to live in PA, and at that time the standard comment was "the shortest distance between two points is under construction." Amazing 20+ years later, it's still true!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom