No LDS, Where to Get Tank Refilled?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

only 3000 dollars, still way ahead of shopping at a dive shop right?

Getting close (3 divers in the familty)!

Providing air is a nice service to offer, has value and is the foundation for making a good LDS.

However, is air is the only thing a an over-priced LDS has to offer, they might as well cut their losses and fold up now. The economy has changed, they will not be able to continue long based on obsolete sales models.

It's a troll post... :rofl3:

Probably so but if you read through the baloney responses you see that there are alternative sources for air if needed.

The "Where will you get your air fills?" threat just don't fly!

Probably so but if you read through the baloney responses you see that there are alternative sources for air if needed.

The "Where will you get your air fills?" threat just don't fly!

Or, perhaps, just the innovative initiation of one of a number of discussion topics that need to be addressed periodically on Scubaboard. It's not so much that anything new is being said, but some new members may be seeing it for the first time and other members can use a periodic reminder on how to become a self-sufficient diver, above and below the water.

Please wake up guys.

There are two typical threats/tactics that LDS keeps using.

1. How can you be confident on your gear from the INTERNET? It is a life supporting equipment.

How much do you know about your LDS? Your LDS is more knowledgeable than any INTERNET vendors, such as ST or Dive Sports? It is all same. Your LDS doesn't manufacture an equipment and their customer service is way more slower and poor than most INTERNET vendors.

2. Where can you get tank filled?

I have told that there is a growing number of personal fill station in the market. In addition, many dive locations are getting their own fill stations more and more. "Demand and Supply"

Even, in my area, there is the new shop that is only selling an air. This can be another model in the market, "Demand and Supply" In addition, it is getting more popular to share a personal air fill station among a local hard core tech divers.

I have argued these points above since 2005.

#1 threat is almost gone on the board. Check out the old threads, specially when ST started to jump into the INTERNET market. Many Many members (LDS owners, instructor, shop monkeys) were trolling ST with #1 reason, but they have been all gone and we can't see them anymore. :rofl3:

Now, it is time to beat #2 threat.

While you are whining, market keeps changing and you will see less & less customers who bring their air tanks to your shop.

Just my 2 bar

I have nothing against buying online, but ...

You have adds for 2 online shops as your signature. I'm guessing the only reason you ever went to the LDS was for air. Air isn't enough business to keep a shop open.

I'm an affiliate of ScubaToys and LeisurePro...and I ordered all of my gear through my LDS. I'd appreciate it if you'd reply to my original post.

There's never been and LDS anywhere near where Ive lived for the last 15 years. Dive clubs locally are the place to get air/gas - as well as meet new divers, get involved with training etc. However there are times when it is handy to have a shop to nip into - for that handy o-ring you seem to have evey other size but.
My current nearest dive store is In Stromness, Scapa Flow - an hours ferry plus a 45 minute drive, we ended u there on a bit of a whim a couple of weeks back, thought we'd fill the cylinders at the same time - which we did, then bumped into a friend, ended up doing 2 of the german wrecks, missed the last ferry home, so we went to the pub to console ourselves got kidnapped by a 'beer-monster' - and forgot to refil the cylinders so we came home with them empty - oops

missed the last ferry home, so we went to the pub to console ourselves got kidnapped by a 'beer-monster' - and forgot to refil the cylinders so we came home with them empty - oops

I just hate it when that happens to me

I'm an affiliate of ScubaToys and LeisurePro...and I ordered all of my gear through my LDS. I'd appreciate it if you'd reply to my original post.
Where are you in Boston? Or are you looking for a fill somewhere on the Cape? Tell use where you are and perhaps someone can point you to a diveshop that is closer than 45 minutes away. Or to one that is between your location and where you commonly dive.

What does "I'm an affiliate of Scubatoys and LeisurePro" mean???

Back
Top Bottom