No deco and dive computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There have been some good comments above but let me hit on a few points.
Any smart diver can do multilevel diving with a bigger tank and without a PADI multilevel card if you are smart about it.

When using your computer make sure you head up to a higher level before you hit the mandatory deco time. You will find your time to surface reading will increase as you ascend and you will have to get a feel for how much and for how long you want to be in the water but once you exceed the no deco time be aware you are at that point engaged in a deco dive and should likely not be there without proper training.
Also be aware the most common tank the al80 sort of limits most divers due to their air consumption from incurring too much deco but the extra big tank will remove that limitation so you will have to use your brain.

I will be diving 130s tanks on a trip and will be diving at depths over 100 ft. We will be diving nitrox and I know I will run out of no deco time before air time so when im at a certain depth and my no deco time runs out, I need to simply go shallower to have more no deco time right? Prob a silly question but im just makin sure im not making a mistake. You should definitley start ascending slowly and start making your way up to the boat right? Just in need of clarification. I have never dove with large tanks like that

I saw in your other post that you are going out with Olympus to do the wreck dives off the NC coast. Your profile gives no info on your dive history but your questions make me suggest that you contact Olympus and ask for a guide for at least your first day of diving. They do offer this service at a very reasonable price and there is no shame in asking, especially if this level of dive is new to you...

Good advice. The few times that I have boat dived (or deep shore dived) with the computer I made sure I wasn't even close to the NDL at the deepest depth (I always go to the bottom first). I have the RDP NDLs memorized but have to review if it's nitrox. Then as I gradually ascended I kept an eye on the computer for remaining bottom time and stayed a ways away from having 0 left. Another thought is most computers can be re-set to be more conservative. The way I figure, multi level dives can't really be planned unless you know you're going to be at set known depths for set times--if you basically gradually ascend (like maybe on a wall or just gradually up the wreck or back to shore) you are not at one level very long and must just use the computer.

I will be diving 130s tanks on a trip and will be diving at depths over 100 ft. We will be diving nitrox and I know I will run out of no deco time before air time so when im at a certain depth and my no deco time runs out, I need to simply go shallower to have more no deco time right? Prob a silly question but im just makin sure im not making a mistake. You should definitley start ascending slowly and start making your way up to the boat right? Just in need of clarification. I have never dove with large tanks like that

One quick note, once you pass the no deco time, coming up slowly does not really help. Need to get to first deco stop depth while not exceeding the 30'/min limit. It's the pressure gradient at the deco stop that does the off-gassing.

Looks like he's been busted by his trip DM (?) on that other thread!

Yup...awkward.

you may be no rookie but asking strange questions ? and basic deco and multi level profile dive plans???? basic stuff may be??????

I think you may have misunderstood. But I know just makin sure

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom