No deco and dive computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

[deleted]

Last edited:
So, this is a no deco dive within recreational limits on nitrox with a relatively large gas supply. I'd say the dive plan is up to the diver. SB tends to be overly paternalistic at times. Either you're responsivible for your own dives or you're not, I'll go with the former.

I am diving a sunnto cobra 2. I understand all that, I was just makin sure I could go down to 120 for the deepest part of the dive and run my ndl time down to a few minutes left, for example, and then ascend to 100 ft for a few more minutes until time to ascend the line. Basically working the whole wreck using all my available time.

I am diving a sunnto cobra 2. I understand all that, I was just makin sure I could go down to 120 for the deepest part of the dive and run my ndl time down to a few minutes left, for example, and then ascend to 100 ft for a few more minutes until time to ascend the line. Basically working the whole wreck using all my available time.

Sure you can. You have a relatively conservative computer. You may want to brush up on gas management and deco theory to make sure you know what you're doing.

I do what you are talking about all the time off our coast. As a matter of fact, we'll usually edge into some deco time depending on what we are doing. But if you run your no deco time down to say two or three minutes and then start up, you should be good to go. Even if you were to spill over into deco by a minute or two that will most likely clear as you slowly accend the anchor line.

ok thanks for giving me a straight up answer . ill stay a few minutes out of hitting that 0 ndl time.

---------- Post added June 9th, 2013 at 08:04 PM ----------

ya except your legde is a deep wreck for me. thanks for clarifying

Even if you were to spill over into deco by a minute or two that will most likely clear as you slowly accend the anchor line.

Not on a Suunto it won't, as soon as it hits deco it will beep and carry on and want you at 6m asap with a 3m ceiling adding to your TTS until you get there. I don't have anything else to add that hasn't been said other than you are doing a no deco dive so stay well within the NDL on your (fairly conservative) Suunto. Yes as you ascend you will get some time back.

Not on a Suunto it won't, as soon as it hits deco it will beep and carry on and want you at 6m asap with a 3m ceiling adding to your TTS until you get there.

Good enough. I had a Cobra several years ago and then switched to a Sherwood Wisdom. The Wisdom will simply clear as you accend as long as you're talking about only a few minutes. It's been so long I didn't remember how the Cobra reacted. Thanks for clarifying.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom