No consistancy is price

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trymixdiver

Reaction score
heres my complaint:

one shop wants $140 to o2 clean a DS4 / SP r190

the other shop wants $36 to to do the same

Am i getting screwed or is the lower bid a mistake ??

Andy

I had never even got a fill from the shop that had the lower price. They didnt know me from adam yet still gave me a lower price.

Both prices seem off to me. We charge more than the lower but way less than the upper. Maybe it's the scubapro part throughing it off. Just kidding.

IMO, If you need an O2 clean reg you shouldn't be letting others mess with your stuff. How many shop owners will tell you that?

If you are having a shop do any O2 cleaning make sure they are doing what they are supposed to .I have seen shops do some scary things and call it O2 clean.

joens once bubbled...
If you are having a shop do any O2 cleaning make sure they are doing what they are supposed to .I have seen shops do some scary things and call it O2 clean.

What did you see that was scarry?

how can i be sure its done right, they wont do it in front of me. What they say they are going to do doesnt mean they will do it.

This shop is owned by a DIR instructor so i would assume they have there sh**t together on these matters. Just to clearify, this DIR shop is the lower bid, and the one i will take it to.

Andy

I guess there is now way to know if its done right without watching them do it, or am i missing something?

one LDS sold tanks as O2 clean with stickers indicating that but had done absolutely nothing to the tank or valve other than put a sticker on it .when asked about it they said as they didnt do partial pressure mixing of nitrox . they didnt have to do anything to the tanks.
joens

$35 is really cheap. The ds4 rebuild kit costs more than that.

To find out if they did the job...mount the reg on a tank of 100%O2. Stand next to the tech or better yet the shop owner and crack the valve open. If he tries to get away before you open the valve you have reason to worry.

One more thing...if he runs, you should too.

Nobody around here worries about the quality of my O2 cleaning because I'm the one blowing O2 into the stuff. Hence, it's me and my shop that will burn down if the work is substandard.

Here is my answer to my own question

My Friend e mailed me this

Andy,

**** told me that **** has not made a payment to him in almost a year. He still owes ***** for everything at the ( dive shop city removed) store including inventory, compressor, panel, booster (Haskel), etc., etc. He told **** & me that we could have it all for 10 cents on the dollar. ***** is probably trying to rape anyone he can since I know that he is on credit hold with a lot of suppliers!

John

Probably not right for me to post the shop name and owner.

Andy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom