No 300 bar DIN valve for LP tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I ordered 300 BAR valves and manifold. 200 BAR is what showed up.
I was told "I thought this was what you wanted." I said no. He said well I don't know if ........... I said yes you can. He checked with his Tech instructors who agreed that 200 Bar was all that was needed for LP tanks. I said I wanted 300 BAR , he said why? I said for the more secure connection. 7 threads rather than 4. he said it shouldn't matter. I said I've always been a "more is better" kind of person and 300 BAR is what was recomended to me, It just makes sense. After 5 days of e-mails and phone calls (we were both doing research and seeking opinions) it came down to this........

He said , we want you to be happy, if you want 300 BAR no problem.

Juris Diver,
You're the customer, get what you want! if they don't want to sell you what you want, take your $ elsewhere.

I think you'll want the Sea Elite manifold, in 300 bar. It's just like the Halcyon but about half price. Get it from http://www.divers-supply.com Part number is MVSABD3 (for 200 bar it would be MVSABD2). This is a modular design so you can also get plugs and use the outside sections (without the center isolator valve of course)as individual valves. Plug part numbers are as follows:
left hand- MVSGL
right hand- MVSGR

For $10 extra you can have viton o-rings.

The upside to the 200 bar version is that it has screw-in inserts to convert to yoke connection. If you own tanks chances are you own regs too so it's not much of an upside for most folks.

Divers Supply does have stores also so depending on your location (they're in GA, FL, and NC)there might be one nearby.

Tom

Originally posted by WreckWriter
For $10 extra you can have viton o-rings.
They ship O2 ready with viton o-rings and Sherwood rubber knobs for $170... no extra $10...

However if you want to use them for singles valves the plugs will cost you $9.95 each.... bargain.

Originally posted by Uncle Pug

They ship O2 ready with viton o-rings and Sherwood rubber knobs...
Be sure to request christolube instead of silicone grease on all internal parts. Viton o-rings alone won't do it.

Originally posted by Uncle Pug

They ship O2 ready with viton o-rings and Sherwood rubber knobs for $170... no extra $10...

However if you want to use them for singles valves the plugs will cost you $9.95 each.... bargain.

In their printed catalog (picked up less than a month ago) it says $10 <shrug>

Tom

Yes, you can have a 200 or 300 Bar valve installed in your LP-104. It sounds like your LDS needs to contact there tank vendor. The part number is V6000, 300 Bar DIN valve.

The truly bad news here is that Diver's Supply is sold out of 300 bar manifolds and not expecting delivery for THREE MONTHS.

This leaves me, and I'm sure many others, hanging out in the wind as I was expecting delivery of one. Now I guess I'll have to spend an extra $100 for the Halcyon version

;-0

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom