NJ Wreck Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, so this Thursday we get a high at 2AM and a half moon rises at about 2:40 (if you can see it). Weather sez: NE winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 6 to 9 ft. A chance of showers in the morning. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.

Visibility predicted to be 1 to 3 nanometers, not bad. Could be magical, I may be there....

I just did my first two boat dives this weekend and last weekend, definitely use a wreck reel and keep an eye on no deco times & air consumption, and use nitrox with at least a 32 percent blend. You should also bring a light and dive with a buddy who is experienced diving wrecks. Bring to $10-20 to tip boat crew too.

...//... use nitrox with at least a 32 percent blend. ...//... (bolding mine)

Maybe not 36% unless the trip is clearly listed as an intro dive. 36 limits the boat to about 95'. It is very common to start out with one wreck in mind and then change for various reasons: already occupied, hunters want to go to a more productive site, etc. The boat loses a lot of choices if you can't go below 95'.

Back
Top Bottom