Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Im new to diving obviously if im in the forum but anyways im thinking of taking nitrox because im a big guy and really suck the tank dry fast will nitrox help with this problem and is it worth the money for the class and tank fill prices

Thanks
No it will not give you any extra time underwater but for older or larger people there is the posibility of slight increase of the risk of decompression sickness which nitrox used not to its maximum limits but lets say to air limits would reduce the nitrogen intake

Sent from my SM-J700H using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
No it will not give you any extra time underwater but for older or larger people there is the posibility of slight increase of the risk of decompression sickness which nitrox used not to its maximum limits but lets say to air limits would reduce the nitrogen intake

Sent from my SM-J700H using Tapatalk
You have responded to a 10-year old post.

Nitrox is a very worht while course to take. You don't necessarily have to take the PADI two day course which requires dives, you can take the TDI which is a 4 hour class. Will it make you use less air, No. Only experience, relaxation, and time make you use less air. And may be these wn't help either. Nitrox is just a healthier way to dive. You'll absorb less nitrogen, reducing the possibility of DCS and Narcosis, may give you more energy and make you feel less tired after the dive. It will also increase you no decompression times, but then it loses or equals out the nitrogen absorbtion levels. It is though, I think, one of the courses that should be taken as soon as possible, and is relatively cheap (if you do the TDI course).

Good luck.

Bill
What is the "TDI" course? What does "TDI" stand for? I ask, because this sounds like the 4 hour course I'm taking this Thursday.

Technical Divers International. They do a pretty good Nitrox course, with a little more background than many of the recreational courses, because it's designed to provide a foundation for their more advanced courses. They have a group in the agencies sub-section above.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom