Nitrox questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not a GUE expert, but I don't think they view a higher ppO as a tox problem. They think of it in terms of other issues, such as CO2. I'm a classic CO2 retainer and I have experienced CO2 headaches at the higher ppO's. At higher ppO's, oxygen can remain on red blood cells. This impedes the ability for CO2 to be removed. I agree with the 1.4 limit unless it is a very brief expossure. And don't worry about causing any trouble. These forums are here for open discussion and debate of different view points.

Genesis:
O2 is not narcotic. If it is, that would certainly be a clear violation of the lipid solubility theory. Of course that theory is typically used to predict anaesthetic properties of various gasses - not exactly what we're dealing with here....

Genesis, et al,

The answer here is: "Yes and no." No, oxgen is not narcotic, by all scientific report, in the concentration and pressure ranges achievable by recreational divers. Yes, nitrogen, and other inert gases achieve their effect, if not directly so, at least in direct proportion to their soluability in lipids.

BJD :anakinpod

Back
Top Bottom