Nitrox on Brac?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...Anyone been through Grand Cayman airport on a Friday? Is that considered non peak?

I would imagine Friday is better than Saturday, any day is probably better than Saturday. Of course, they are finally finishing the renovations to GCM, maybe it will help? There has been a recent thread GCM Airport upgrades

I spent a week at CBBR in mid January. Depending on the package you picked some have free Nitrox upgrade included. Ours did so using Nitrox was a no brainer.

Friday is fine at GC airport. Saturday and Sunday afternoons are the issue.
If we are still talking about diving nitrox at Brac Beach, they limit 2nd and 3rd dives by time and depth but if you are on nitrox, the DMs give significant leeway re depth as long as within NDLs. $10 dollars per tank isn't bad compare to GC where I was charged $15 per tank extra for boat diving in December.

Nitrox generally adds some expense anywhere on Cayman, usually $10-12 for boat dives
I spent a week at CBBR in mid January. Depending on the package you picked some have free Nitrox upgrade included. Ours did so using Nitrox was a no brainer.

That promotion has ended, see link below, but they have offered it in the past so they may offer it again sometime.

Free Diving, Nitrox, and Nitrox Certification*

Back
Top Bottom